My Axe-Fx arrived today and I'm SOOOO disappointed...

guitarjim

Experienced
...THAT I DIDN'T BUY ONE OF THESE SOONER!!!!

Wow, even right out of the box it is evident that this unit is something special. I'm a previous G-System user and a current HD-500 user, and it's so clear that the tone of the Axe blows them both away. I've run through all of the factory presets to get a feel for it and even some of those are amazing. What I'm really blown away by is that the unit acts very much like a tube amp in terms of its responsiveness to touch and volume control. I've never been happier on the first day of a major purpose. Having read the entire manual, new user guide, and being active on this forum for the last few weeks, I felt very comfortable jumping in and starting to program patches. If I can get my HD500 working as a controller, I think I can actually be gigging with the Axe this weekend.

My only complaint so far is that it didn't come with a USB cable.

Thanks to everyone on the forum who help out with the "what do I need to know" questions. I'm looking forward to being a knowledgeable contributor here in a short time.

The Axe definitely is the best purchase I've made for my tone :) From the cold wastes of northern Norway, I welcome you!

I know how you feel. I've got 2 or them: one for the road and one for the studio.
I didn't get my first one until long after v8.
Now that I've sold all of my amps but one (Splawn Quick Rod), I have more money than when I started...

Back
Top Bottom