My All In One Preset

Brian Coonan

Power User
Hello FAS Peeps!
In getting ready for some gigs hopefully this year at SOME point, I remade a preset for my country/rock cover band and I think it came out pretty good. It's pretty specific to what I need but I think there are some good tones that maybe someone else could use too, but would be interested to hear what people thought. The clips were recorded with a PRS S2 Custom 24. This was based on a factory pre that used the HIpower Brilliant but I changed the name and can't remember which one it was! I added Dweezil's Bassguy for the 80s stuff.

Scene 1 - Clean - coil split and pickup in the middle position
Scene 2 - Rhythm - coil split and pickup in the bridge position
Scene 3 - Rhythm (More Gain) - coil split and pickup in the bridge position
Scene 4 - 80s stuff. Humbucker in the bridge position
Scene 5 - Open
Scene 6 - Open
Scene 7 - same as Scene 2 but with virtual capo on 1
Scene 8 - Lead (made for single coil and bridge position). Same as Scene 3 but with a filter block to push up the DB a little.

Check it out - maybe you'll dig it too. I cranked up my volume while my wife was at work (the secret to our 15 year marriage so far! hahah) and to me, it sounds excellent - can't wait to try it out live!

Peace - hope everyone has a great Saturday!
Section 1 - Scene 1
Section 2 - Scene 2
Section 3 - Scene 3
Section 4 - Scene 4

Attachments

• BCRock_Country.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 80
I've been meaning to cook up my own kitchen sink, all-in-one preset but I end up sidetracked by jamming with my already existing presets and getting lost in time. ;)

I've been meaning to cook up my own kitchen sink, all-in-one preset but I end up sidetracked by jamming with my already existing presets and getting lost in time. ;)
Same - it literally happens to me every time I start playing through this thing. I rarely get anything actually done besides a bunch of random playing - but I certainly don't mind that side effect of owning one. :)

Here's a quick intro to Something About You by Boston using this preset - I wasn't really trying to replicate Tom Scholz sound, just using this preset to see how it came out. The two leads are Scene 3, the rhythm guitar is scene 2 - backing track has bass and drums. Every time I hear a Boston song I'm instantly transported to care free summers, and love it.

Great job playing Something about you intro love Boston. Really sounded good Brian.
I got to see them in Tampa when they came out with the Third Stage Album. It was a really an awesome show.
Got to check out some of the gear they were using I counted 28 racks of Eq‘s with several EQ’s in each rack. Pretty cool getting to check that out.

Great job playing Something about you intro love Boston. Really sounded good Brian.
I got to see them in Tampa when they came out with the Third Stage Album. It was a really an awesome show.
Got to check out some of the gear they were using I counted 28 racks of Eq‘s with several EQ’s in each rack. Pretty cool getting to check that out.
Thanks! That’s awesome you got to see them and check out that gear - how cool!

Back
Top Bottom