My ADA MP-1 with MW settings modeled

Casper

Inspired
Uploaded to Axe-change: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6037

This was inspired by Leon's preset where he modeled his ADA-MP1. by ear, for the Ax8 last year.
I wanted to model my own ADA v2.01 (currently has Mesa SPAX7 tubes loaded) with the Michael Wagener settings used for Skid Row and recordings. One reason I did this is because my ADA unit with these settings sounded warmer in the higher register playing single notes than Leon's preset, and I preferred that warmer soloing sound.

Method:
I initially used TM with my ADA in the FX Loop, and like Leon I started with the Cameron CCV and Jazz120; I then tweaked and gain-matched the Amp block in an iterative fashion until the TM curve was flat and sounded, by ear, the same to me whether TM was active or not; I used Amp Block basic settings, amp block GEQ; other adjustments to include Cut. Fat, Depth (lowered to 180Hz); supply sag, and negative feedback

(Reference guitars used: Custom Strat with Dimarzio SD and Area 58s; stock 1995 Les Paul Standard; stock 2002 Fender Strat)

Result:
Result is the ADA presets are simulated completely within the Amp X/Y and Chorus X/Y blocks so no special CAB or TM block is needed, and you can use them with any IR, real cab or whatever.
Scene 1 = MW preset #45 (Skid Row , etc)
Scene 5 = ADA Factory preset #9, including sim of ADA Chorus
The other scenes include FX variations, and non-ADA delay and verb that I think go well with the presets

Tip: If you want to try a punchier sound, put the power amp Depth back to 250Hz, Sounds great, but is not really how the actual ADA sounds/reacts.

Back
Top Bottom