Music that never gets old!

Suhrfer

Experienced
What music never gets old no matter how many times you listen to it? For me (one of them anyway) it is a lot of old Journey songs. I never get tired of them! Whatcha got?

Perhaps a too simple answer, but to me, "good" music never gets old. Music is a timeless art.

Be it J.S. Bach, Gustav Mahler, Miles Davis, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, or anything recent... if it resonates with me, I don't care if it was created centuries & decades ago or just last week. :)

Absolutely agree with the above 1000%.

One thing for me is that it seems to get harder and harder for me personally to find new "good" music. It's out there, but harder for me to actually get to. I think it also has a lot to do with how life changes on you. When I was younger, I had a lot more time to find music and listen. Job with long hours, wife, kids, house, etc, makes that harder. I still find it, but don't have as much time to look for it, I guess, so I lean on the "good" from the past.

There is a lot of music that resonates with me but out of all of those there are only a select few that I could listen to over and over and I never tire of them.

Absolutely agree with the above 1000%.

One thing for me is that it seems to get harder and harder for me personally to find new "good" music. It's out there, but harder for me to actually get to. I think it also has a lot to do with how life changes on you. When I was younger, I had a lot more time to find music and listen. Job with long hours, wife, kids, house, etc, makes that harder. I still find it, but don't have as much time to look for it, I guess, so I lean on the "good" from the past.

Here, let me rephrase the question. What's everyone's favorite fucking songs?:lol

I think for a lot of people it's the music you grew up on when you were having a good time. For me it's a lot of classic rock groups 70's 80's and some 90's stuff. Some of the music of today is ok but they just don't make and engineer music the same way anymore it just doesn't have any ear appeal.

The Eagles, Pink Floyd, Boston... groups like these that have song after song that you never seem to get tired of listing to because they are that good.

Last edited:
There are quite a few for me that just seem timeless to me, and most come from that 70s and 80s era. I have 32GB memory card in the stereo in my truck that I usually keep on random, but almost anytime an old Van Halen track comes on (especially VH I or II) I have to take it off of random and crank the volume as loud as I can get it.

There are a few other bands from that late era that grab me like that as well... Another one that has kind of become a guilty pleasure in a similar regard is Motley Crue's Too Fast for Love. Not nearly as much of a guitar geek's selection, but something about the songs on that album really makes me want to crank it up. It's not what I'd call timeless, and to be honest, I wasn't a big Crue fan when the 80s were happening (at least I didn't think I was), but their early stuff (and Ratt's Out of the Cellar) takes me back to the year that I left Oregon to move to sunny Southern Cal to try to become a rockstar. (You can add Scorpions, UFO and MSG to that list of bands that I'll probably never tire of.)

Now that you got me thinking about that music, I really miss KNAC here... too bad pure rock radio no longer exists in the LA/OC area. :(

There are quite a few for me that just seem timeless to me, and most come from that 70s and 80s era. I have 32GB memory card in the stereo in my truck that I usually keep on random, but almost anytime an old Van Halen track comes on (especially VH I or II) I have to take it off of random and crank the volume as loud as I can get it.

There are a few other bands from that late era that grab me like that as well... Another one that has kind of become a guilty pleasure in a similar regard is Motley Crue's Too Fast for Love. Not nearly as much of a guitar geek's selection, but something about the songs on that album really makes me want to crank it up. It's not what I'd call timeless, and to be honest, I wasn't a big Crue fan when the 80s were happening (at least I didn't think I was), but their early stuff (and Ratt's Out of the Cellar) takes me back to the year that I left Oregon to move to sunny Southern Cal to try to become a rockstar. (You can add Scorpions, UFO and MSG to that list of bands that I'll probably never tire of.)

Now that you got me thinking about that music, I really miss KNAC here... too bad pure rock radio no longer exists in the LA/OC area. :(

Ha, KNAC they played some killer music back in the day... Every once in a wile I would be able to dial it in where I lived in the IE.

I think the Rock music in the late 70's early 80's was more raw especially the first few offerings of most groups... V.H. is a prime example as was Def Leppard they just flat out slapped you in the face but keept it musical all at the same time. AC/DC picked up Brian Johnson and was like it was a completely new band, Back In Black and For Those About To Rock were monsters. I know the guys that were older then me were like ok but Nazareth has already been doing that for a wile. I would respond, yeah but listen to this song and the power behind that vocal... It makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck.

I'm pretty sure the meaning of Rock music as most understood it was changing and a lot people all of the sudden had more choices. At the time you had Oldies but goodies Elvis era, Classic Rock 60's and some 70's stuff then you had Rock music which was anything current. After super groups like Sabbath, Priest, Scorpions and the like that had somewhat paved the way for what would become your basic Metal category of music. After that music changed in a way that their seemed to be different categories of music popping up over night.

For me, anything by Neil Zaza. His style, tone, and technique keep his songs amazing from beginning to end. His music always sounds alive with a hint of happiness in them.

Perhaps a too simple answer, but to me, "good" music never gets old. Music is a timeless art.
Very much agreed... but even "good" music gets old if you hear it too often. Any music gets old to me when I hear it over and over.

Being born in the mid 60's just about any music could resonate with me, OTHER than that shit my sister listened to growing up.

I’m kinda stuck in the 70-80s, also have my 32GB stick in the car full of material out of these decades (never listen to the radio). Very little produced thereafter with that “Hey, wow, fuck who is that, turn it up” factor, much less with that “will this still be grooving 20, 30, 40 years from now” factor.

Back
Top Bottom