Music recommandations for a long run

Dream Theater - Images and Words, A Dramatic Turn of Events

Johnny A - Sometime Tuesday Morning

The Aristocrats - The Aristocrats

Rock Candy Funk Party - We Want to Groove

Thanks guys. A lot of things to listen to ;)

I used to love some music close to Mark Knopfler's Privateering album for driving, do you know something close, or maybe something near The Cinematic Orchestra ?

Recommomdation for when the wife & kids need something mellow, and you'd like to hear some great guitar:

Michael Hedges
"Aerial Boundaries"
"Live on the Double Planet"

Devin Townsend Project
"Ghost"

Richie Kotzen. Lot of variety, great guitar and you can just show the covers to your wife. She might buy into it on looks alone.
breaking benjamin

I'm also planning a long drive soon, and for me I find it's variety that makes it tolerable. I have everything from classical guitar to death metal on a USB stick plugged into my stereo and just hit random. Then if I get bored with my music and want something completely different to keep me entertained, I'll stream Pandora through my phone and tune into Today's Comedy for a break (although much of that is somewhat adult themed).

You need to checkout Lee Ritenour New "6 String Theory"-has a little bit of everything-from Joe Bon blues to Guthrie Govan with Tai Wilkenfeld female bassists playing fives, Steve Luke with Lee and Neil Schon- and then with Slash and Neil Schongoes on and on-just an amazing album of great great guitarist who have never really played together. Just a really cool album for guitarists. Plenty of JAzz of course Lee and John Scofield. George Benson, Keb mo and Taj Mahal--- goes on 15 songs

Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar
Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar Some More
Return of the Son of Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar
Guitar

Addendum

Frank Zappa Plays the Music of Frank Zappa: A Memorial Tribute

Recommomdation for when the wife & kids need something mellow, and you'd like to hear some great guitar:

Michael Hedges
"Aerial Boundaries"
"Live on the Double Planet"

Devin Townsend Project
"Ghost"

Spot on ! Just what i expected, thanks ! :)

Lonely The Brave, Fink, The War on Drugs
Incredible Alex, i didn't know these bands, they are stellar !! Definitely put in my car ! :)

Thanks a lot guys, you gave me wonderful advises !

You need to checkout Lee Ritenour New "6 String Theory"-has a little bit of everything-from Joe Bon blues to Guthrie Govan with Tai Wilkenfeld female bassists playing fives, Steve Luke with Lee and Neil Schon- and then with Slash and Neil Schongoes on and on-just an amazing album of great great guitarist who have never really played together. Just a really cool album for guitarists. Plenty of JAzz of course Lee and John Scofield. George Benson, Keb mo and Taj Mahal--- goes on 15 songs
excellent ! Thanks a lot, it's in my car ! :)

These days I prefer audio books or podcasts when driving. Radiolab is awesome.
I'm currently listening Robben Ford into the sun.

I don't know if you already have these, but for guitar driven music I can recommend some from whats constantly on play in my car. Anything from the following artists:

Neil Zaza
Marco Sfogli
Andy Timmons
Larry Mitchell
Neal Schon
Greg Howe
Kiko Loureiro
Joe Satriani
Nuno Bettencourt
George Lynch
Paul Gilbert

And if I'm in a mood for music that contains vocals...

Slash
Death Angel
Mark Tremonti
Maragold
Bullet for my Valentine
Halestorm
Joe Bonamassa

That's just the ones who stay on my personal play list... Still have about 20GB of music on my USB when I want to step outside of the artists I listed. I listen to about 80% instrumental guitar music.

We're going to Spain :)

How about some Spanish music then? Don't miss the latest CD by El Twanguero. The CD is titled "Pachuco"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atrbolhjLOw

You can listen to it on stream from this link
EL PAÍS te ofrece en exclusiva el nuevo disco de El Twanguero | Cultura | EL PAÃ￾S

Not quite what you would call the hardest styles of rock, but I'm sure you'll appreciate the guitar work - and it might be a nice change from all that metal stuff -.

Also, I would recommend the latest CD by The Punch Brothers (Phosphorescent Blues http://www.amazon.es/The-Phosphorescent-Blues-Punch-Brothers/dp/B00QLFAYJU). Pure, sheer musical bliss, not just for bluegrass heads.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom