Music played from PC through USB/Axe is only one channel

jtaylor14

When I plug my Axe into my PC to play along with/learn new songs, I only get the left side of the MP3. Granted, I am running my Output1 Left to my CLR, but I have my I/O settings to Copy L -> R. Some of the tracks I'm listening to have certain parts that are hard panned either left or right, and I don't get the full mix. I would have thought that by copying L to R that I'd get the stereo mix summed into the one channel.

So, is there a setting I'm missing that will allow me to just run Output1 Left to my CLR and hear a full stereo mix from an MP3 on my computer through USB?
I don't need the stereo effects, just want both sides summed so I hear everything. As an example, Jimi Hendrix Fire has the guitar hard panned right. Play it through USB/Axe/CLR using Output1 Left, all I hear is bass, drums, and vocals.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
JT

Ok, finally got my CLR back home from my rehearsal space to try again. Changed the Output 1 Mode to Sum L + R, yet I still only hear left side of MP3 from computer.
Any other ideas?

Does anyone else experience this, or is it just me? Computer -> USB -> AxeFx -> Output 1 Left -> Atomic CLR. Axe is set up as Sum L+R, yet any MP3 fed through the chain I can only hear left side of the mix.

Have you tried a different USB cable, plugging it into a different USB port or on another PC or Mac to try to eliminate any issues that there maybe due to this ?

Output 1 mode doesn't affect USB audio in that scenario. Is that an active CLR with 2 inputs? If so you could connect L/R and let it sum them.

Last edited:
I hear stereo when listening through headphones, just not when using the clr. I have an active clr. I could use the second channel, just bugging me why it's not working as-is. I'll try a different USB cable when I get home, but I don't think that should matter. I'll also try my laptop to see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom