Muse - Stockholm Syndrome synth part on Guitar

Morbid

Inspired
Strange title, I know...bear with me if you can.

I'm looking to do a live cover of Stockholm Syndrome by Muse with my band in the future, but we don't have a pianist at our disposal, nor are we in a position to use backing tracks (small bar band...such is life).

The synth part of the song with the ascending and descending notes that starts at 1:30 reminds me a lot of Echo Song by Paul Gilbert

It got me to thinking, maybe I could set up some kind of patch and play that part on guitar instead, but I'm not really sure where to start and was hoping maybe some of the good folks here on the forum could point me in the right direction.

Any ideas? :)

I was watching this video from @camilovelandiamusic on the AFXIII the other day:

Around the 12:00 mark he goes playing some triads with the arpeggiator. Funny thing, it got me thinking about that exact section in Stockholm Syndrome. Maybe he could help you better with this... The only thing I can suggest is using the expression pedal to shift between ascending or descending arpeggios as you go through the passage, but as I have literally zero experience using the arpeggiator dunno if it's possible, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom