Multiple Outputs for Computer Audio

• Thread starter Deleted member 79338
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 79338

Hi all

Sorry in advance, I only received my Axe FX 3 yesterday and trying to set up outputs. I have tried the manual and the forum search.

What I used to do with my 18i20 is have two sets of outputs sending the same audio, be that from Cubase or Videos, to my monitors and my wireless headset. This was not configured in Cubase but in the Focusrite software in essence outputs 7&8 mimicking the main outputs so they outputted the same audio at the same time.

So with the Axe I would like outputs 1 (L+R) to be computer audio (which it is) then output 4 (L+R) to also send a replica of the audio going to outputs 1 (L+R).

Any assistance would be great, I just can't work it out.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Glenn

Sorry if I was unclear and apologies, I did not see that thread; although I did see it prior to my purchase oddly enough.

I think I had a brain fart as I did not notice that Output 1 has both XLR and a pair of mono jacks so I can just use the XLR to my speakers and the mono jacks to the PSM300 wireless headphones.

What I was trying to do in my head was this:

1619604245263.png

When what I should have been doing was this:

1619604458936.png

This would pass the same stereo output to my monitors and my wireless device...….Yet to try though but logically it makes sense.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I have figured this out now but for anyone else attempting this.

I plugged my PSM300 into Output 1 (Stereo) via mono jacks.
I plugged my Speakers into Output 2 (Stereo) via XLR.

If you then go into Setup\I/O and select USB Output Mapping, you can select which output to send audio too, so in my scenario:

1/2 Out1, 3/4 out2

I have volume control to my PSM300 via output controller 1

If I then set it too:

1/2 Out2, 3/4 Out1

I now have volume control to my Speakers via output controller 2

It would be great to have an additional option in USB Output Mapping "1/2 Out1, 1/2 Out2" so you have the same signal out of two separate stereo channels but to separate devices with there own volume control on the Axe.

Sorry for any confusion, there are so many different input and output terminologies to use its hard to focus on what's relevant when new.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom