Multiple MIDI devices setup

ruvann

Inspired
hey there

I'm gonna get an Axe-FX Ultra and a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro and I'm trying to figure out the connections along with my other MIDI devices, but my brain is starting to burn out so I really need some help.

Here's what I want to hook up.

1. Roland TD-6 electronic drums
2. M-Audio Keystation Pro 88
3. Axe-FX Ultra with Ground Control Pro

I use the drums and keyboard for controlling virtual instruments so I'm looking for an option that would cause the least possible latency increase.
I never send out MIDI from my DAW to anything like my drums or keyboard so I'm thinking the only outputs would be going to the Axe-FX from Axe-Edit or for the GCP

My interface is a Digidesign 003 Factory but I'm thinking I should rather buy another MIDI interface.
Unfortunately there aren't many MIDI patchbays. That would probably work great
I was thinking about a MIDI merger but I would then be limited to only a single output from the 003 Factory.
I'm not bothered too much if I have to change around cables on the back of the Midisport as it would be sitting close to me on the desk.

Thanks for any help
Ruvann

Any number of MIDI devices will do this. I personally have a TC studiokonnekt and a MOTU mtp. This works, for me, for some reason, much better on the update firmware side of things. I could probably tinker with the MOTU til the day I die and get it all working happily, but in the end I want to make music, no matter how bad, rather than be a tech (that is what I do for work, I don't want to bring it home).
I have the TC and the AxeFX hooked up together, all other MIDI (synth, couple of outboard units) goes straight into the MOTU.
Any four port MIDI device should handle this without issue, but maybe even a multi-thru like this would do:

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodqth.htm

Back
Top Bottom