Multiple Axe Units?

deakle

Experienced
Recently sold some guitars and have some money to invest. I’ve been sorely tempted by the recently released Friedman Plex amp. Not selling my Axe FX III at all, but sometimes like to full around with a tube amp also. But with the sale ongoing for Axe units maybe I should pick up an additional Axe FX III or an FM 9? Any flexibility with 2 Axe FX III’s? I only play in a home studio by the way?

Anytime I've seen an artist with multiple units they were always backups.
It's a great idea though. What if Fractal offered an expansion module that increased the capability of the III?

I have an Axe3 that stays home most of the time, and an FM9 that gets used with my band most of the time.

Axe III does so much, what would you do extra with two? Buy an amp and cab, play so loud you can lean back on the air and not fall down. Then after a day or two you will be even happier that you have an axe fx.

If it helps, I have two Axe-Fx III's - one for studio, one for road. Wouldn't do it any other way.

I use the travel rig in the studio when toggling between two firmwares. Kind of a luxury but it does speed up dialing in presets after a firmware release.

Last edited:
If it helps, I have two Axe-Fx III's - one for studio, one for road. Wouldn't do it any other way.

I use the travel rig in the studio when toggling between two firmwares. Kind of a luxury but it does speed up dialing in presets after a firmware release.
That's the way to handle post-update tweaks, for sure, just out of my price range.

Last edited:
What would I do if I had a million dollars? I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two axefx's at the same time, man
You don't need a million dollars, trust me. I picked up a second Turbo the other day from someone who tours and he wanted to go Quad Cortex. I kept my opinion to myself and got a great price. Mine has never left the house and his was as pristine as mine.
I've had people look at me like I was "rich" when I talk about Fractal...I've priced amps worth having (it'd be a Bad Cat Jet Black for me) and think I've got a bargain and way more than one amp.
People keep talking about "AXEFX IV"...I'd rather see Fractal do a 1U sized unit to hook to III to expand preset and cab capacity, without having to load and unload off my laptop...because if people like Choptones, Marc Fanton, and such keep putting out preset or cab packages as cheap as a box of ProV1 golf balls, I'll keep buying.

Back
Top Bottom