Multi Amp/Track recording

I need to try re-amping sometime. The concept seems foreign to me since I completely rely on the right tone right up front to feel it and play it the way I intended it to sound.

The production sounds good and balanced and the guitar fills up the mix well.

Thanks for chimin' in guys. I have read plenty about the 'bigness of a sound coming from different sound sources blended together. I decided to bite the bullet and spend the time to see for myself. I'm glad did. Not a hassle at all. Record 2 tracks of guitar, hard pan 'em, send a track out to the in of Axe, back through the interface (need at least 2 channels - 1 for the recorded track, 1 for the Axe you send to another track) and do it a second, third, fourth time - and blend them til you're blue or in heaven.

I'm hoping some of the heavy hitters here will offer insight on things like freqs that weren't working in context/clashing with other instruments, etc. - anything to improve what I'm doing.

The guitars sounded pretty good to me! Are the separate guitar parts the exact same take or did you play multiple takes for each amp? I find retakes can help fatten up the sound also.

rdomain said:
The guitars sounded pretty good to me! Are the separate guitar parts the exact same take or did you play multiple takes for each amp? I find retakes can help fatten up the sound also.

Parts were played 2x on each side. I sent one of them to the 3rd amp (reamping through Axe-Fx) to get closer to desired sound, them blended and eq'd to get them to sit. I got where I wanted to be, so I never sent the other track to yet another amp, but maybe it would be that much better. I'm on a deadline for a 4 song EP, got keep it moving.

Back
Top Bottom