Mr Scary AxeFX2

Thanks for the props guys. ;) I recorded that last October after finding out ESP was having a competition for playing Mr Scary and that George Lynch would be picking the top 5 entries. Unfortunately, I found out during the last week of the contest so I didn't have as much time as I needed to really prepare something. Seeing as that I'm self taught and have limited theory knowledge, improvising in the key of F# minor was nowhere near as easy for me as it usually is when I'm trying to come up with leads as George requested the entries not be note for note and have some of our own ideas in there as well. With some more time I could have done better.

Regardless, I tried to play a balance of rhythm and lead and really tried to capture the right tone. The person who won hardly even touched the rhythmic portions of the songs and just blasted straight through it with a total disregard of the backing tracks. I really didn't feel he sounded or played like George much and his tone was pretty generic. Perhaps I'm just a sore loser....lol

Back
Top Bottom