MP3 to WAV

Code:
ffmpeg -i file.mp3 file.wav
Doesn't get any easier ;)

To be more serious: For such a task audacity isn't the quickest solution, but if you only have a handfull of files, I'd just use it, since you already have it installed. If there are many files to be converted, I'd use a tool that allows batch conversion.

Foobar2000 perhaps? It can convert a lot of things, including batches and I use it to turn youtube vids into MP3's.

The problem with all those "video to mp3" converters, e.g. those which convert youtube videos to mp3 is the fact that youtube doesn't use mp3 as an audio codec, but aac and opus. So you convert a lossy format into a lossy format, which is a bad idea.

The now blocked youtube-dl allows to directly download the audio part of the youtube video without conversion. I recommend opus, because it's the best audio codec, but I think aac in an mp4 container is more widely supported, especially on those apple machines.

Sorry for the offtopic.

Last edited:
You can use Joyoshare VidiKit. It has an embedded video converter that is able to convert MP3 to WAV or other formats losslessly. More importantly, I can convert, merge, crop, rotate, cut videos, etc. easily. Just to add, you can get a free license of Joyoshare VidiKit these days due to its giveaway.

Back
Top Bottom