Moving up!

Different drivers. You have to install the Axe-Fx III one. If you sold the FM3 you can remove it’s driver (maybe do it before install the new one so you start fresh) or you can have both installed.

Different drivers. You have to install the Axe-Fx III one. If you sold the FM3 you can remove it’s driver (maybe do it before install the new one so you start fresh) or you can have both installed.
Thanks! So looking forward to having the Big Dog; not looking forward to starting over with my FC6, switches, EV-1's, etc. but I'll just work through it. I'd say it would be easier just to start like I've never had a Fractal before.

I just made the jump from the II XL+ to the Axe III Mk II. After years of getting great tones, I'm kicking it up a notch or 2. Now the only thing I'll need to get is an FC 12 Mk II to control the Axe III. I waited as long as I could, but after doing sound for a couple of bands with guitarists using the Axe III, I found a deal and I made the move.

I'm looking forward to many more years of killer sounds from the "King" of the heap. I did all the necessary changes to my computer to be able to use the Axe III and it doesnt disappoint. The transition has been very smooth, not one single hiccup or burp. Guess I'll need to find a new home for my good old Axe II XL + and MFC 101 Mk III.

Cheers, Perry. aka Techboy 57.

Attachments

• IMG_8628.jpg
    IMG_8628.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 3
Thanks! So looking forward to having the Big Dog; not looking forward to starting over with my FC6, switches, EV-1's, etc. but I'll just work through it. I'd say it would be easier just to start like I've never had a Fractal before.
Yes, possibly, but for me, it didn't feel particularly hard first time around with AFX III and FC-12. I think you'll get where you need to be pretty quickly, and your previous Fractal experience won't be too much of a hindrance.

Liam

Back
Top Bottom