Moving presets containing blocks saved as global

hillbilly

Inspired
I imagine this has been answered before but my search didn't turn up anything. If I move a preset containing blocks that were saved as Global Blocks to another memory slot, will other presets linked to those Global Blocks unlink, or change?

No. You have to manually unlink them.
On Axe-Edit bottom left of the program.
On the face of the Axe go to the block you want to link/unlink and double tap FX Bypass.

That's good...I don't want them unlinked. I just need to move the presets the blocks were saved from. I guess the question is - are global blocks referencing a preset memory location? Or are they referencing a discrete block location? Thanks for responding!

That's good...I don't want them unlinked. I just need to move the presets the blocks were saved from. I guess the question is - are global blocks referencing a preset memory location? Or are they referencing a discrete block location? Thanks for responding!
Global blocks are stored with the system settings. Global blocks used in presets basically "point" to the global location.

That's great....RTFM.

Wasn't being snarky. Just clumsily trying to express appreciation for your response and clarifying an equally clumsy question.
I suspect that he was trying to impart some general advice. It's a really good idea to read the manual. It doesn't take all that long and many common questions are answered there.

That was the first thing I did after I ordered mine... Granted, I did it on a business trip to the Philippines, so I had plenty of time on a plane, but it was worth it. And the manual was recently updated, so it's pretty current.

What could happen when you copy a preset, is that you hit enter too often, and then you could unlink global links by accident.

When you hit store to save a preset you need to press enter twice to complete the process.
After that the display shows the usual "Hit enter to unlink global blocks" message again. So a third hit on enter gets you into another process.

Back
Top Bottom