Moving Lowpass Filter

I'm a newbie with an Ultra trying to add in a lowpass filter block where the frequency starts low and then gradually increases.

This gives the effect of the guitar tone being muffled and gradually clearing up. you know the one - techno guys love (over) using it.

I can get the effect pretty much correct by using a modifier with an LFO controller to make the frequency move up as wanted.

What I don't know is how to make the controller start from the start (lowest) frequency when the filter block is enabled. The LFO controller is constantly cycling through from low to high and back and it is luck of the draw as to when you enable the block.

Here's an example patch. Not sure if it helps as I assume that the LFO controller is a global thing that won't be stored in there? (As I said - newbie who might be misunderstanding this)
View attachment Jagger.syx

You can do this by setting up the switch as an external (there are 8 at the Axe I/O: CTRL page) instead of Filter 1 Bypass. The external can be assigned to filter bypass (press enter on filter Byp. mode control) & LFO run (press enter on LFO type control) within the preset. Now the LFO will run only when you engage the filter, starting from the same point always.

You can do this by setting up the switch as an external (there are 8 at the Axe I/O: CTRL page) instead of Filter 1 Bypass. The external can be assigned to filter bypass (press enter on filter Byp. mode control) & LFO run (press enter on LFO type control) within the preset. Now the LFO will run only when you engage the filter, starting from the same point always.

Thanks Bakerman, that's exactly what I was after. Will give it a try shortly.

Cheers,
Jamie

Back
Top Bottom