Moving from Kemper

MichaelT

Hi everyone. New here. I just got on the wait list today for the Axe-Fx III. Currently I use a Kemper just for personal entertainment. May Look into paying with others, but at 52, I'm not too sure that's going to happen, although it would be pretty cool. Just wondering if anyone out there has made the same move and what your thoughts are.
Thanks for your time.

I just got a message from the forum saying this looks like spam. Not sure what to do about that - again, new here.

Welcome to the forum. I am coming from the Kemper world as well. I borrowed an AX3 from a friend and used it live this weekend; I was very pleased with it, and look forward to purchasing one soon. The Kemper served me well the past five years, and I still love it, but the AX3 will fit the need better the next several years. Hopefully, I receive the invite to purchase soon. Got on the list August 8.

Welcome to the forum. I am coming from the Kemper world as well. I borrowed an AX3 from a friend and used it live this weekend; I was very pleased with it, and look forward to purchasing one soon. The Kemper served me well the past five years, and I still love it, but the AX3 will fit the need better the next several years. Hopefully, I receive the invite to purchase soon. Got on the list August 8.
Excellent. From everything that I've been able to read, it sounds like the next logical step. I appreciate your perspective. I hope you get yours soon too! Move me up the list.

Welcome to the forum. The AxeFx Iii is my first Fractal purchase and I have been blown away. I had the Kemper rack when they first came out. I was never able bond with it from a creative perspective. The AxeFx III has been the exact opposite. Intuitive, sounds great with minimal tweaks. I find it inspiring. As I have grown with it (in part due to great info on this forum) my presets have become more realistic and diverse. I still have great tube amps when I get the itch, but the III has been my main rig for the most part

Welcome Michael.

Though I never owned a Kemper, I've owned a ton of guitar equipment over the years and the AxeFxIII is the best piece of kit I've ever owned.
Support is second to none and with regular firmware updates, the product just keeps on getting better.
You'll love it I'm sure!
BTW, you're never too old to enjoy playing music with others no matter what age they are.

Fractal gear to me has been the best money spent, with so much satisfaction in return.
Just the best!!!
Axe Fx II XL+, AX8, Axe Fx III, FM3, EV-1's EV-2's

I had the Kemper when they first came out about 8 years ago. It was really limited in features at that time but that was understandable as it was really different with the whole profiling piece. Both units I have had over the years did not work all that well for me as I had issues that needed to be repaired within the year that I purchased them. I sold the first one and returned the powered rack as it would shut off regularly on me while playing. I did try another one back in November of last year and had an issue with duplicating profiles which they never resolved for me even with a system dump sent to them as requested. I tried contacting them again, I just gave up and left it at that and returned it. It is a great sounding product and it works well for many, just not for me. I really don't like the remote for it either.

That being said, I got my Axe III more than 2.5 years ago and still have it today. It was my first ever Fractal purchase. It is pretty much the unit that has made me realize that I like the workflow and most of all tones from it. The regular updates and tweaks to the unit are fantastic. I'm more than satisfied with it and continue to use it regularly as my main unit now. I just hope we can all get back to gigging some day. I'm 52 as well and really enjoy playing live.

Enjoy the new unit when you get it!

right now im doing the opposite,I have been a fractal user since the axe 2,i bought the Kemper Stage this year and im just in love with this unit,i havent touch the axe 3 in weeks.,for me the Kemper FX are pretty cool,i dont really care how the editor looks,i really care about amp sound,i still liking the Axe 3 but right now im a Kemper guy.
we can peacefully coexist :D

Welcome. Your mind is going to be blown. The Kemper is a great little machine (I've owned one a few years back), but the Axe III is infinitely more flexible.

I bought an Axe-Fx II XL+ in 2015 and was thrilled with it. About a year later I bought a Kemper and I loved it too, so I kept it. In fact, I still have and use it despite upgrading to the Axe-Fx III last year. They're both awesome units. The Axe-Fx III has some very distinct advantages over the Kemper in terms of features, tweaking, effects, routing, etc. but I keep the KPA because there are some profiles I really, really love. I also like the fact that profiles contain everything in a single file. However, the Axe-Fx is undoubtedly the most versatile modeler on the planet, bar none. Nothing comes even remotely close. Practically any tone you can conceive can be achieved.

here's a recent similar thread :D
Thank you! I just read through it. There were
Thank you!
Welcome to the forum. The AxeFx Iii is my first Fractal purchase and I have been blown away. I had the Kemper rack when they first came out. I was never able bond with it from a creative perspective. The AxeFx III has been the exact opposite. Intuitive, sounds great with minimal tweaks. I find it inspiring. As I have grown with it (in part due to great info on this forum) my presets have become more realistic and diverse. I still have great tube amps when I get the itch, but the III has been my main rig for the most part
Excellent! Thank you.
I had the Kemper when they first came out about 8 years ago. It was really limited in features at that time but that was understandable as it was really different with the whole profiling piece. Both units I have had over the years did not work all that well for me as I had issues that needed to be repaired within the year that I purchased them. I sold the first one and returned the powered rack as it would shut off regularly on me while playing. I did try another one back in November of last year and had an issue with duplicating profiles which they never resolved for me even with a system dump sent to them as requested. I tried contacting them again, I just gave up and left it at that and returned it. It is a great sounding product and it works well for many, just not for me. I really don't like the remote for it either.

That being said, I got my Axe III more than 2.5 years ago and still have it today. It was my first ever Fractal purchase. It is pretty much the unit that has made me realize that I like the workflow and most of all tones from it. The regular updates and tweaks to the unit are fantastic. I'm more than satisfied with it and continue to use it regularly as my main unit now. I just hope we can all get back to gigging some day. I'm 52 as well and really enjoy playing live.

Enjoy the new unit when you get it!
Thank you for the response. I appreciate the information and your take on the two. I think with yours and the others responses, I'm already sold. I hope we get back to live show's soon too. I guess the next jump for me may be to look into what's out there around me and see if there's a need for what I can bring to the show. For sure, the equipment won't be lacking, but I know that's the easy part! Thanks again!
we can peacefully coexist :D
Welcome Michael.

Though I never owned a Kemper, I've owned a ton of guitar equipment over the years and the AxeFxIII is the best piece of kit I've ever owned.
Support is second to none and with regular firmware updates, the product just keeps on getting better.
You'll love it I'm sure!
BTW, you're never too old to enjoy playing music with others no matter what age they are.
Thank you Zedhed. You're right.

I bought an Axe-Fx II XL+ in 2015 and was thrilled with it. About a year later I bought a Kemper and I loved it too, so I kept it. In fact, I still have and use it despite upgrading to the Axe-Fx III last year. They're both awesome units. The Axe-Fx III has some very distinct advantages over the Kemper in terms of features, tweaking, effects, routing, etc. but I keep the KPA because there are some profiles I really, really love. I also like the fact that profiles contain everything in a single file. However, the Axe-Fx is undoubtedly the most versatile modeler on the planet, bar none. Nothing comes even remotely close. Practically any tone you can conceive can be achieved.
Thanks Jason. I think that is exactly what I'm going to do. I appreciate the response.

right now im doing the opposite,I have been a fractal user since the axe 2,i bought the Kemper Stage this year and im just in love with this unit,i havent touch the axe 3 in weeks.,for me the Kemper FX are pretty cool,i dont really care how the editor looks,i really care about amp sound,i still liking the Axe 3 but right now im a Kemper guy.
Ha! Awesome. I love my Kemper but I keep hearing raves about Axe. I think I'm going to try it out if they get to my name, but thank you for the response. I appreciate it.

Hi Michael,

Welcome!
I guess one of the big differences to your current workflow is that now, you'll be able to treat the Fractal as a real amp and (for example) if there's not enough treble, you'll be able to turn up the treble control which will behave exactly like the amp's would.

Axe edit is a very capable editor, and @austinbuddy , @Burgs , and @Moke 's presets are all gold.
The forum has a bunch of good people for advice, and https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/ is a good place to find free presets.

Anyway - looking forward to hear your thoughts - stock up on coffee - you're gonna need it :cool: .

Thanks
Pauly

Hi everyone. New here. I just got on the wait list today for the Axe-Fx III. Currently I use a Kemper just for personal entertainment. May Look into paying with others, but at 52, I'm not too sure that's going to happen, although it would be pretty cool. Just wondering if anyone out there has made the same move and what your thoughts are.
Thanks for your time.

Back
Top Bottom