Moving from III to III MKII

SteveW

Experienced
I'm getting my MKII very shortly -

Can I just use Fractal Bot to backup my custom presets and restore to the MKII, or do I need to rebuild? I know how to, but was curious as to whether there was anything special I needed to lookout for...

I'm getting my MKII very shortly -

Can I just use Fractal Bot to backup my custom presets and restore to the MKII, or do I need to rebuild? I know how to, but was curious as to whether there was anything special I needed to lookout for...
The MKII uses the same Firmware etc. except the display and preset and user memory, it's the same unit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201218_092534.jpg
    Screenshot_20201218_092534.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 22
Ya, and I can sell the current unit without a big loss, so I figured...why not! Costs me a few bucks to upgrade every few years, but it's a passion, like other things for me...and it only brings positive changes to my life...but most importantly, makes me wanna play more each day!

Can't put a price on health and playing more guitar!! ;)

Yes, I just did the same thing. Just sold my III for $2K in one day once the MKII arrived. The MKII screen is much better and more detailed, and it has double the preset memory which is, to me, the biggest benefit. You can simply use Fractal Bot to backup your III presets and cabs, and load them into the MKII with no issues.

I moved from the III to the III Mark 2. Just restored my backup, presets, cabs, and was back in business.

Back
Top Bottom