Moving Axe-Fx II user presets to the III?

Jono Bacon

Inspired
Hi All,

When I get an Axe FX III, how can I move my presets over to the new unit?

Will there be a way to import the Axe II preset backup file?

There seems to be so huge changes in III that I would bet that moving of presets from II will be impossible...

I presume there must be a strategy in place for people transitioning their presets. Many users will be moving from the Axe II and will want to bring their sounds over.

Dunno. I guess at least a way to import blocks would be useful.

On the other hand, maybe starting from clean slate would be good as well.

I presume there must be a strategy in place for people transitioning their presets. Many users will be moving from the Axe II and will want to bring their sounds over.
There hasn’t been in the past. I wouldn’t expect one this time.

There is no strategy of which I am aware, other than manually recreating, from scratch, all grid layouts, all parameter values, all modifier assignments and scaling, making sure the cabs are correct (if even available) etc. A monumental undertaking for some.

A very first world problem for some. :)
It's a very first world problem for me. It is also a monumental undertaking. I'm still assessing the work involved, wondering if I can bring myself to do it. I am also considering buying it just for studio work, not having to recreate a couple of hundred presets full of modifiers. There is much to consider, and this subject is a large part of that consideration.

It's a very first world problem for me. It is also a monumental undertaking. I'm still assessing the work involved, wondering if I can bring myself to do it. I am also considering buying it just for studio work, not having to recreate a couple of hundred presets full of modifiers. There is much to consider, and this subject is a large part of that consideration.
Considering the monetary investment and the place it plays in your professional life, paying someone to do the work might not be unreasonable. Seems weird but it can make sense. Much like paying for someone to move you. Sure, you could do it yourself, but in the end the speed and efficiency becomes worthwhile.

There is no strategy of which I am aware, other than manually recreating, from scratch, all grid layouts, all parameter values, all modifier assignments and scaling, making sure the cabs are correct (if even available) etc. A monumental undertaking for some.

Just set yourself a goal of manually porting over 1 to 2 presets sometime every day/night from your Axe2 to the Axe3.

Before you know it......even if it’s 6 months to 1 year..... you’ll have your whole cover band setlist in your shiny new Axe-Fx III. easy peasy:cool:

I wish I knew someone here who could do the work. If you want it done right......

Perhaps someone will develop some rudimentary tools to help. Just being able to import a tone match or individual blocks would help. Just to be clear, I'm not bashing the III. I want one as much as anyone. I'm just looking for as much information on potential future support for migration as possible (official or unofficial), and taking the pulse of other users on the subject.

I wish I knew someone here who could do the work. If you want it done right......

Perhaps someone will develop some rudimentary tools to help. Just being able to import a tone match or individual blocks would help. Just to be clear, I'm not bashing the III. I want one as much as anyone. I'm just looking for as much information on potential future support for migration as possible (official or unofficial), and taking the pulse of other users on the subject.
I’d be shocked if Al doesn’t build something that helps here. Either in Fractool or as a new utility.

Just set yourself a goal of manually porting over 1 to 2 presets sometime every day/night from your Axe2 to the Axe3.

Before you know it......even if it’s 6 months to 1 year..... you’ll have your whole cover band setlist in your shiny new Axe-Fx III. easy peasy:cool:
That's exactly how it went moving from the Ultra to the II. Before you know it....the next box is out and you do it all over again :) I'd rather be writing and recording songs, but it is what it is. The price of progress.

Back
Top Bottom