Moved MFC101 from ultra to XL and need help please

dwg115

Inspired
Hello all,

I recently bought the axe2 XL and hooked up my MFC which was previously hooked up to my ultra. I updated the firmware but when I make patches that have effects in them they don't show up as green on the switches so I cant toggle them off and on like I did on the ultra. Is there something that I have to reset to get this to work? Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

I have my mfc running in axefx xl mode. setup to switch in banks of 5 and use the other switches to toggle effects.

-Dwg115

are the effects programmed on the MFC present in the Axe preset?

when you say they don't show up as green, do the switches turn them on and off at all and just the light doesn't appear? or is your MFC not switching anything at all?

are the effects programmed on the MFC present in the Axe preset?

when you say they don't show up as green, do the switches turn them on and off at all and just the light doesn't appear? or is your MFC not switching anything at all?

Hey Chris - its Joe again. Interestingly I am having this exact same issue - I didn't even look at my MFC after I got the names to work, as I was using Axe Edit at the time.

So the problem is that none of the effect lights nor switches seem to work. For example, I can select the first patch by hitting button #1, and the Axe changes to 59 Bassguy. However if you notice that patch by default has the Reverb enabled. However on the MFC the Reverb light is not lit, nor can I toggle the Reverb on or off using that switch, as I would expect to be able to do.

Any ideas? Anyone?

I did set the midi setting in the Axe to use my connection type (Ethercon), and the MFC is set to use the XL.

Thanks folks

Joe

There is a menu selection to show unused IA's as red. Make sure that is selected.
Do you have the correct MFC input selected?? I mean expansion vs ??

Now that you are using a XL, you may have to change a couple things in the MFC menus.
Just take a minute and run through them to make sure the selections you have are ALL as they "should" be for the XL.
The firmware should run fine with ANY Axe FX. New firmware will simply give you options for the XL that the Ultra didn't have, for instance.
Again, run through the setup and midi menus of the MFC and make sure the XL options are selected.

Hope you get it straightened out. It is VERY frustrating when things don't run smoothly.

There is a menu selection to show unused IA's as red. Make sure that is selected.
Do you have the correct MFC input selected?? I mean expansion vs ??

Now that you are using a XL, you may have to change a couple things in the MFC menus.
Just take a minute and run through them to make sure the selections you have are ALL as they "should" be for the XL.
The firmware should run fine with ANY Axe FX. New firmware will simply give you options for the XL that the Ultra didn't have, for instance.
Again, run through the setup and midi menus of the MFC and make sure the XL options are selected.

Hope you get it straightened out. It is VERY frustrating when things don't run smoothly.
thanks I'll double check the input and I have the XL selected in axefx mode.

Chris I don't use axe edit and the switches work as far as going between presets and banks but it wont toggle any of the effects on/off and doesn't show them as being there.

Joe if you figure this out before me please let me know as I will if I figure it out.

thanks guys!

Dwg115

I just feel that there must be something I did or didn't do. Is there a mfc reset or something similar I could try?

thanks

Ok the only way I fixed this was to reset the factory settings of the mfc101. turn power on with switch #11 pressed and hit enter. You'll then have to setup the mfc again choosing connection type and axfx mode. Im assuming my boss exp pedals need reset and recalibrated as well. But all my presets now show everything. Im assuming I just hit something wrong the first time I set the board up.

Again thanks Chris, Joe1871 and Gtarlover for the help!

Back
Top Bottom