MOV file repair software?

Roadrunner

Power User
Hi.
I was taking few vids with my action cam and the MOV files where not finalized (the cam stopped recording for some reason) so the files are “broken” and cannot be played.
However I found few repairing software that actually does the job and can fix the files but they are not so cheap.
Any recommendation for a free tool for repair?
Thanks guys.

Try VLC Player. It repairs a lot of partial files. Video and audio.

Saved my butt on some live shows where our multitrack recorder didn't finalize the audio files.

If that had happened to me, I would try avidemux. I guess your videos lack some header informations or something, maybe avidemux can repair this. Note that the changes are only permanent, if you export the video to a new file. You don't want to re-encode your files, so chose "copy" for the video and audio format.

Please tell me and us if it worked!

Hm, that sucks!

What operating system do you use? Your screenshot looks like Windows, right?

Btw, I think it's best to only work with copies of your corrupted video files. Who knows what applications you try out do with the opened file!

Ok I'm out of ideas, all I can do now is to use a search engine, but you can do this yourself better.

One last hint though: There's this pretty handy website https://alternativeto.net which presents alternative software products to the one you enter. Maybe this way you find a suitable application :)

Back
Top Bottom