Mounting the FM3 to a flat board

rnjscooter

Power User
Got my new https://earnestcustoms.com flat board coming tomorrow. I mounted my FC6 to my flat board last year using velcro, and I had to take the sides/feet off the the FC6. I was going to do the same on the FM3 but noticed some sort of vent on the very bottom, not sure what it is. So now I am thinking, shoot, if I cant use velcro, how do I mount?

Thoughts? Has anyone taken the sides off and mounted?

Get some 3M Dual Lock velcro. It's extra thick (and secure) and will provide the necessary gap to keep the airflow unobstructed. For best results, use it both on the FM3 and the pedalboard for twice the clearance (instead of attaching one side of Dual Lock to regular velcro on the board - which works and is secure, but only half the clearance).

I prepared a couple thin wooden slats, maybe 1/8in thick max, as a base for the FM3. Its in the shape of an ‘L’ to allow a gap for the exhaust fan. Once the 3M Velcro was applied it sits flush with the rubber side feet. It attaches to the board very firmly. In fact, you may need a tool to lift it back off the board. I use a long putty knife to work the Velcro loose, and break the connection if I have to remove the FM3. world great, very solid, and still allows air to circulate underneath.

Got my new https://earnestcustoms.com flat board coming tomorrow. I mounted my FC6 to my flat board last year using velcro, and I had to take the sides/feet off the the FC6. I was going to do the same on the FM3 but noticed some sort of vent on the very bottom, not sure what it is. So now I am thinking, shoot, if I cant use velcro, how do I mount?

Thoughts? Has anyone taken the sides off and mounted?
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/lets-see-those-fm3-rigs.158779/post-1954741

I removed the two side plastics and with velcro it holds up very well on the pedalboard. Be careful to leave the fan part free.

I prepared a couple thin wooden slats, maybe 1/8in thick max, as a base for the FM3. Its in the shape of an ‘L’ to allow a gap for the exhaust fan. Once the 3M Velcro was applied it sits flush with the rubber side feet. It attaches to the board very firmly. In fact, you may need a tool to lift it back off the board. I use a long putty knife to work the Velcro loose, and break the connection if I have to remove the FM3. world great, very solid, and still allows air to circulate underneath.
Sounds like what I need to do have a picture?

Why would it be any different on a flat board as opposed to the regular floor? The FM3 on a flat floor has the necessary clearance for air flow so it would be the same on a flat board no? And as someone above said, use 3m duralock. Im using it on my board and I cut four small pieces and just affixed to the bottom footrests of the fm3 and no issues at all. And the duralock provides a little more clearance for airflow.

I also an using some Duralock as shown above on the feet of the unit and it adheres wonderfully to the board. I thought it would come loose but no.

This is what I did. I used a couple pieces of thin (1/8”) wood to sandwich a layer of dual lock under the FM3. I left space for air to get to the vent. The thickness is just right in that the side rails/feet still make contact with the board, so it doesn’t move at all when stomping on it. This attachment is VERY solid. In fact, I have to use a putty knife to loosen the Velcro from the board before trying to lift it.

Attachments

• BFDFEFE1-FDC3-4362-B103-D1C71B5629A5.jpeg
    BFDFEFE1-FDC3-4362-B103-D1C71B5629A5.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 39
  • 9E66321D-C514-4039-8149-4CBCCAD26D97.jpeg
    9E66321D-C514-4039-8149-4CBCCAD26D97.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 38
  • 8D0FC6EA-8691-494C-A002-1DC25E91EA2E.jpeg
    8D0FC6EA-8691-494C-A002-1DC25E91EA2E.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 36
Take the rubber sides off. I run a Gator g-tour board (Flatboard) and it works great,

Attachments

• 8FDECE90-C082-4026-ACE4-B54C8652E890.jpeg
    8FDECE90-C082-4026-ACE4-B54C8652E890.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 45
Back
Top Bottom