Most shallow case for an Axe-FX II?

rockridge98

Inspired
I'm looking for the most shallow 3 space rack case or rack bag I can find for an Axe-FX II plus power amp.
Any suggestions?

Yep, the Gator shallow is just about as shallow as you can get unless you go custom. Even then, I'm not sure you could make it any shorter. With a right angle plug, you are golden.

Ideally you'd have one that was between 15 and 16" deep. But good luck. I just tried to find one and couldn't. I want to leave things plugged in all the time so I didn't go the shallow route. But most of the full size ones are humongous.

I have a Roadrunner 4 space rack bag that is 16" deep, I think. There's lots of clearance in the back to leave everything plugged in but, it doesn't seem like it's the greatest quality IMO. It's almost to deep to the point that it won't fit nice on a desk. I'll probably try a Gator rack bag at some point to see if it's any better.

LOL...that just makes you shallow. Now, a case that likes another case just for its latches, now that's a shallow case.

Ha ha! I think Poparad is saying that this is a case of being shallow. :D

@Poparad, not calling you shallow dude, I think my case is cool too and sometimes I cry myself to sleep but that's for my psychologist to worry about.

OK so I can't seem to find a suitable rack case myself. Here's what I'm looking for:

Either a 6U standard case, must have front and rear rails and a flat bottom, or a 4U rack bag with a pocket big enough to hold the MFC. I don't care about weight as much, but must have the smallest possible footprint. Also I want to keep things plugged in all the time so I'm looking for 16 to 18" depth. Going to 20 isn't a huge deal but again, smallest footprint.

I first tried the SKB rolling 6U and that thing is redonculously big. Then I got a Gator but the way it's molded doesn't allow me to secure the MFC in the bottom of it.

Any suggestions?

A more serious reply: Either the Gator or Odyssey rack backs come in 3U and are just deep enough to fit the Axe with right angle plugs in the back for connections. The Gator is tighter around the corners, while the Odyssey is square. Gator has a big side pocket, while the Odyssey has a deep pocket on the front zip cover.

OK so I can't seem to find a suitable rack case myself. Here's what I'm looking for:

Either a 6U standard case, must have front and rear rails and a flat bottom, or a 4U rack bag with a pocket big enough to hold the MFC. I don't care about weight as much, but must have the smallest possible footprint. Also I want to keep things plugged in all the time so I'm looking for 16 to 18" depth. Going to 20 isn't a huge deal but again, smallest footprint.

I first tried the SKB rolling 6U and that thing is redonculously big. Then I got a Gator but the way it's molded doesn't allow me to secure the MFC in the bottom of it.

Any suggestions?

I remember seeing someone here post a picture of their setup that was a rack bag for the Axe with a big enough pocket for an MFC. It might've been in that megathread in the MFC forum for "Show us your MFC Setup" or something like that.

I remember seeing someone here post a picture of their setup that was a rack bag for the Axe with a big enough pocket for an MFC. It might've been in that megathread in the MFC forum for "Show us your MFC Setup" or something like that.

Thanks I'll take a look.

Back
Top Bottom