Most 'honest' and clean power amp?!

Gees

I have recently bought an Axe-fx ultra and want to run it through a power amp to my Randall cab. I have seen quite some threads about power amps but they do not really answer my question:

What is the cleanest power amp with a maximum price of $600?

I want a power amp that does solely what it was meant to do, deliver power. I want to be able to use the power amp models out of the axe-fx as much as possible.

Thanks in advance :)

Matrix, Carvin, off the top of my head for a light weight power amp you could also look at Crown and QSC but the weight gets big in a hurry.

If you want tube i would deff go for atomic 50/50. Might be a bit more then 600$ (899$ new)but an awsome and reliable amp.
If not i would deff go for the Matrix.

What is the cleanest power amp with a maximum price of $600?

I want a power amp that does solely what it was meant to do, deliver power. I want to be able to use the power amp models out of the axe-fx as much as possible.

I'm now using a Matrix GT1000FX, and very happy with it. Clean and does everyting it supposed to do, very impressed. It replaced my HH and its lighter to carry and more "open" in sound .. very transparent without being harsh. Everyting I hoped for.

I notice Fractal used a Matrix amp as their reference to voice all the patches when they spoke about their 1.6 software release, which helped me make the choice.

Back
Top Bottom