Most common use for Scene Controllers?

I have a Rotary block that does that based on switching between channels A-C, A=slow, B=fast and C=brake. Setting the Hold function to increment the channels makes it possible to ramp up or down or hit the full stop quite easily. I’m happy with how it turned out.

It’d be easy to use separate scenes to switch the channels, but I didn’t want to waste additional scenes just to change an effect, especially one that we tend to use dynamically. Instead I assigned the tap action to bypass/enable the rotary and the hold function of the same switch handles the channels.

I’ll try to update this tomorrow with the block from my library.
I attached the block. It's saved from my FX3 running v.21.01 via Edit v1.12.12, and should be fine with FM* units running the current firmware and editors.

The ramp-down speed on the real cabinet is probably closer to 5 seconds "for reals" but I reduced it to 3.5. I've had it as low as 2.0 but wouldn't go lower than that if you're trying to maintain any semblance of the real thing.

Drive is useful if you want to get the growl that a lot of people enjoy from rotary cabinets. The Rotary page in the Blocks Guide covers the settings.

Here's how I set up a switch for bypass/engage and to control the speeds:
View attachment 112529
cool - very clever use of the footswitch - clearly I've barely scratched the surface :)

Back
Top Bottom