Morphing between 2 stereo sounds

Brett

Hi there, Firstly I don't yet own a fractal product. I'm presently using 2 iterations of amplitube (Amplitube 3 and 4) on a macbook pro. I like fading between sounds rather than switching patches and wondered if on one of the fractal products I could morph between 2 patches both set up in stereo? I've seen some of the morphing demos on this forum, but when I look at the signal flow I can't tell if it's hearing the stereo effects on both rigs....Thanks very much for your response...

You can't morph between two presets. Only one preset at a time can be active.

You can however, setup a preset with two completely independent stereo signal chains (CPU permitting) and morph between the two in multiple ways before the 'delay based' effects to maintain the spillover of the Delay/Reverb tails.

You could most likely share some or most of any post effects to save CPU.

You could even automate the morphing using scenes and Scene Controllers set to your desired 'Attack' and 'Release' times.

Be aware that, depending on what blocks are in each path, there could be phase issues when both paths are being heard during the 'morph'

Last edited:
The FM9 offers endless ways to morph between two tones. This goes way beyond just crossfading between presets.

Last edited:
You can't morph between two presets. Only one preset at a time can be active.

You can however, setup a preset with two completely independent stereo signal chains (CPU permitting) and morph between the two in multiple ways before the 'delay based' effects to maintain the spillover of the Delay/Reverb tails.

You could most likely share some or most of any post effects to save CPU.

You could even automate the morphing using scenes and Scene Controllers set to your desired 'Attack' and 'Release' times.

Be aware that, depending on what blocks are in each path, there could be phase issues when both paths are being heard during the 'morph'
Thanks for that, I'm aware it's a small fraction of the capabilities, just wanted to make sure I was understanding that process...Brett

Back
Top Bottom