Morningstar MC6 to Mac to Axe3, is this possible?

count_chocolat

Experienced
I have my morningstar connected via USB to my MAC and my MAC connected to my AXE3.

This way I can make changes using my foot switch and turn on my Axe edit without disconnecting anything. The only thing is I cannot get the MC6 to make any changes on the axe3, am I missing something? This should be possible right?

Thanks,

I have my morningstar connected via USB to my MAC and my MAC connected to my AXE3.

This way I can make changes using my foot switch and turn on my Axe edit without disconnecting anything. The only thing is I cannot get the MC6 to make any changes on the axe3, am I missing something? This should be possible right?

Thanks,
just because they're both connected to a computer doesn't mean they are communicating with each other. USB isn't like an audio or midi signal. you need something in the computer to send the commands from the MC6 directly to the Axe. i think most people use a DAW for this sort of thing.

but it'd be much easier to just connect a MIDI cable from the MC6 to the Axe3 MIDI In.

I have my MC6 connected to my Windows tablet and use Axe edit as well.
Foot pedal into the MC6, MC6 into the tablet, tablet into the Axe.
I can only run one app at a time for this to work though.

Thanks,
unlike the older fractal gear, the axe III doesn’t require that you choose between midi and axe edit - both can be run at the same time.

since i frequently scenes on the axe itself or in axe edit, i have a midi block set to clear all toggle stages on my 2 mc6s, and then set the toggle state on for the button corresponding to the scene i’m in. this allows a basic mc6 bank with scene 1-8 and a tuner to handle 90% of my songs

Back
Top Bottom