More routing options

Oscarraap

Hello, I would like to see some more routing options in the future. For example it would be great to be able to monitor with delay and reverb, and record without these effects.

It's a pity that we only have wet and completely dry to choose from. Re-amping could be a workaround, but it's easier and faster to have more routing options. Can FAS do that?

Cheers!

use the USB to record USB channels 3&4 to record dry, but attach your monitors or headphones to the Axe-Fx itself to hear it completely wet.

or use the Echo function to send Input 1 to Output 2 and record that dry signal, but monitor headphones or Output 1 for wet.

Well, if I record the dry signal, I would have to re- amp. It's an extra step compared to my suggested routing option. I would like to record my distorted sound minus reverb and delay, because these effects usually need adjustments at the mixing stage.

Cheers!

setup your normal row in the layout. but before the delay and reverb blocks, put the FX Loop block in a parallel row but branch it off BEFORE the delay and reverb blocks. then take the Out 2 to your recording. Out 1 will have everything. Out 2 will have everything except delay and reverb.

with the layout grid and the FX Loop block for Out 2, you have almost unlimited routing options for Out 1 (monitor) vs Out 2 (recording).

setup your normal row in the layout. but before the delay and reverb blocks, put the FX Loop block in a parallel row but branch it off BEFORE the delay and reverb blocks. then take the Out 2 to your recording. Out 1 will have everything. Out 2 will have everything except delay and reverb.

with the layout grid and the FX Loop block for Out 2, you have almost unlimited routing options for Out 1 (monitor) vs Out 2 (recording).
That is a great idea! Very grateful!

That is a great idea! Very grateful!
it's basically the same idea as running Out 2 with "no cabs" for a real amp/cab on stage. read this article for details on that, but you can basically split the row to the FX Loop before whatever you don't want, and even include things BEFORE the FX Loop block (on its own row) that ONLY go to Out 2:

http://axefxtutorials.com/2014/09/h...but-without-cab-sims-to-a-guitar-amp-and-cab/

(after reviewing my article, i realize you don't "need" to split off to a new row, but it does help visually.)

Last edited:

Yep, I do this all the time. Works great.

But does this also work with USB only? I got the layout with fx block, but what's next? Cubase only sees the full wet and the completely dry signals.

I just had a thought about recording wet and dry tracks separately. You could send dry guitars (either mono or stereo) into one input through Out 1 and send 100% wet Delay or Reverb through Out 2 to a second input. This would allow you to blend in the wet effects as desired, quite similar to how you'd run a separate FX bus in a DAW. I'll have to try this on my next session.

Back
Top Bottom