Wish More processing power

More processing power so I don't need to reduce the audio quality of my AX8 or run additional pedals outside of the AX8. I wish there was some type of upgrade I could perform to increase the processing power of this unit.

For this you'll have to wait for a possible successor of the AX8. Your wish ain't gonna happen unfortunately.

Maybe take a look at how you're approaching presets and see if you have effects you're not using for certain songs, genres, etc....

It's not going to matter how much power is provided. There are some in the Axe III forum that are running out of CPU.

The only hardware upgrade is to a II or III. Alternately Fractal can create an AX8 firmware upgrade that lowers the processing requirements of models and effects. The V10 firmware just did that.

AX8 was designed for live performance and to hit a lower price point. It serves that role well for me even though I can’t build the crazy all-in-one presets I did with the II and now the III. I compensate by only including blocks that are required for each preset.

Back
Top Bottom