More praise for Xitone cabs

Jvstrat

Experienced
Just wanted to tell you guys on the forum how happy I am with a cab I customized with Mick from Xitone cabs. I had a vht 2x12 cab I wanted to turn into an frfr cab. Mick installed his coax speaker setup and I couldn't be happier. Punchy like a guitar cab, but flat frequency. The sound is very 3d almost like surround sound. I'm driving it with a crown xls1000.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I see the cab is stereo, with the 2 crossovers mounted inside. Why is it using crossovers? Is the signal split into lows and highs on each coax speaker, then, with the crossovers?

I see the cab is stereo, with the 2 crossovers mounted inside. Why is it using crossovers? Is the signal split into lows and highs on each coax speaker, then, with the crossovers?

Exactly, it splits the signal. The great thing about the coax is the high frequency driver pushes its sound through the cone which to most sounds better than a regular PA cab like a qsc etc where the tweeter is separate. That is a PRV high frequency driver mounted on the back of the eminence driver.

Just wanted to tell you guys on the forum how happy I am with a cab I customized with Mick from Xitone cabs. I had a vht 2x12 cab I wanted to turn into an frfr cab. Mick installed his coax speaker setup and I couldn't be happier. Punchy like a guitar cab, but flat frequency. The sound is very 3d almost like surround sound. I'm driving it with a crown xls1000.

View attachment 25796View attachment 25797View attachment 25798

Could you give us the name of coax speaker + horn + filter please ?

The main speaker are eminence beta 12cx. The high freq drivers are Prv but not sure which model. I believe the crossover is also eminence. Mick is on the forum here, maybe he can chime in the details of the models.

Back
Top Bottom