More pick attack

Nero

Inspired
Hi guys, ok so i've had the AX8 for a few months now, i love it i can't complain much, but now im trying to refine to tone, I'm a big slash fan and i was listening to the isolate guitar track from Welcome to the Jungle which you can find online, I've tried to recreate that tone for years and the AX8 is the closest i've come to achieving that.

I did some Match EQing and created an IR which gets me a very close tone BUT the one thing i keep hearing is that i don't have as much ATTACK with my pick, maybe it's me, my strings, my picks, the pickups, the pots i don't know really but i'm trying to get more pick attack from the Brit Super (which is the closest one i've tried so far)

I went on the Dynamics page of the amp and i know there are a lot of options and i've tried many but i don't often hear a difference with most settings.

Once again, my issue just seems to be that my dirty tones sounds a bit too compressed, specially on the low end, if i hit a A power chord and i quickly stop the strings you hear the low end a bit compressed.

I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for settings on the amp for more pick attack, I'm trying this with a Gibson Slash AFD les paul

Thanks in advance

Try a compressor block before the amp that lets the attack through. Also maybe reduce the gain a bit so you can pick harder to get the gain your looking for. There is also a pick attack parameter in the deeper setting. I think reducing the transformer match with help with this a bit too.

Back
Top Bottom