More info about amps and cabs please!

nota

In the manual (which I've poured over lots of times when creating presets) there's some helpful descriptions of amps and how to make them sound good. I'm younger and didn't grow up using classic tube amps from the 60's or anything, so I know next to nothing about them or how to tweak them. So those little descriptions have been very helpful.

The "problem" is there are so many amps now (a good thing), but the wiki page always seems to lag behind or just has a list of amps/cabs. On this page, the Eleven Rack by Digidesign, it has a description of every single amp, its history, what bands have used it, etc:

http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?langid= ... temid=6862

Now I'd never trade my beloved Axe for this thing, but I do like how there's lots of info about the amps. I'd love a page that has all the cabs and amps listed with pictures and helpful tweaking information. I realize that half the fun of the Axe is figuring out what sounds good yourself, but I'd love a starting point and some history.

Maybe this info is out there already and I haven't seen it?

Check out the books by Aspen Pittman or Gerald Weber. Amazon or local bookstore will have them.

nota said:
...The "problem" is there are so many amps now (a good thing), but the wiki page always seems to lag behind or just has a list of amps/cabs. On this page, the Eleven Rack by Digidesign, it has a description of every single amp, its history, what bands have used it, etc:

http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?langid= ... temid=6862

Now I'd never trade my beloved Axe for this thing, but I do like how there's lots of info about the amps. I'd love a page that has all the cabs and amps listed with pictures and helpful tweaking information. I realize that half the fun of the Axe is figuring out what sounds good yourself, but I'd love a starting point and some history.

Maybe this info is out there already and I haven't seen it?

Two things... I don't even think you get any of that information when you buy a "real" amp... and second thing... this is a community, and this is a great idea for you to possibly start up! ;) :D

I know next to nothing about who uses what amp/cab... all I know is that Mo from PigWeed uses the Axe-fx, so that's good enough for me... ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom