More Filter blocks

Vebass

Let me just say first that I cannot say enough good things about the Filter block! I use the two in any preset and will always have to find other blocks in addition to do Filter block tasks, only not as optimal.

I'd like 4 Filter blocks, at least.
Also that the Filter block's LOWCUT and HICUT (that is available at all times) would reach down to 100HZ rather than just 200 (HICUT), and 4K rather than 2K (LOWCUT).
Better even if the main filter (in highpass/lowpass mode) could be 6 and 18db/oct as well as 12 and 24.
As far as I know electronically the Q would have to control 12 and 12 db's at a time but an additional 6 db filter could be added to the 12 even if it's Q could not follow the others.

For us bass players it's very useful to be able to split the signal chain in a lower part and upper part frequency vise. There is always the crossover block we could wish for in the AX8 but individual filters make much more stuff possible. Some parallel filtering can be a really powerful trick. Also for tailoring harmonics from the Drive or Amp block the Filter block is fantastic.

I know the parametric eq has block filters, but they stop at 200 (high cut) and 2000 (low cut) as well, and can't be controlled by modulator/pedal.
I know the delay has 12 and 24 db filters if I go 100% wet and keep it clean, and at the minimum 1ms delay.
Many blocks has 6db filters but they are not necessarily in the right order for me, and not very radical as they are not very steep.
Btw.. all these only goes to 200 (low pass) and 2K (high pass),
I've used even the Wah block as a resonance filter, but the Filter block's bandpass is more suitable and controllable for my goal.
If all these other filters could reach down to 100Hz and up to 4k much would be solved. But again, the main Filter block is preferable.

I would for my main setup use 6 filter blocks. That would be for different block/cut/pass filters.
So please, 6 Filter blocks, yes.. But at least 4 Filter blocks, pleeeeease!

Back
Top Bottom