Wish More Control Switches and exclusive groups?

tnjazz

I searched and didn’t really find anything so I figured I’d post. I’d love to have 12 Control Switches that I can assign Midi commands to.

I’m envisioning a layout that is all 12 of those switches, grouped into 2 exclusive groups.

Basically I’m looking to create a menu that will allow me to select one switch from each group and cycle through them on an FC12.

Or if something like this exists in some other form elsewhere I would love info if anyone knows.

My use case might be specific to me, but I feel like it might benefit others as well: this would be for studio use with a MIDI controlled amp switcher where I can choose any one of 8 connected (real) amps and any one of 4 connected (real) cabs at any given time from that layout layer while playing.

Could you elaborate on the usage of this menu of yours? I'm not sure I follow with the cycling through part. I get that you want several midi functions to be sendt somewhere at will, but why does it have to be 12? You could get 8 chunks of midi sendt from using scenes and the midi block, and 6 more if you use the controll switches.

But hey, 12 control switches? Heck yeah! I'm all for that! +1

OK, so I use my AxeFX3 in my home studio. I have 8 amps and 4 cabs connected to a MIDI controllable KHE amp switcher. The way I have it set up I can either play into a cab in the room, out of the 4cm outputs through a cab block directly to my console, or I could do both.

I am picturing a dedicated layout on my FC12:

8 control switches in group A - one for each amp
4 control switches in group B - one for each cab

If I’m playing a preset/scene, I want to be able to switch (while playing) to this layout and perhaps select a different amp, or a different cab, or both - all while remaining inside the scene and playing so that I can A/B the differences. It’s true that I could do something close to this through scenes (sort of) but it would be less streamlined.

It would help me tremendously in selecting the right amp for a particular part I am about to record if I didn’t have to stop and manually flip switches on my switcher.

I currently have it connected and I’ve tested it successfully. I just need 6 more dedicated control switches.

Does that make sense?

Yes! This makes sense! Very cool setup!
Do you by any chance got pictures?

You already got me at more switches😉

This is what it looks like at the moment. The Axe3 is of course the center of the universe.
That’s one hell of a rig. It might be good to get a dedicated midi switcher like the RJM GT 22. Don’t have to worry about the axe fx sending midi then. And the RJM interfaces perfectly with the axe too.

Back
Top Bottom