Fixed More consistent control and display of focus in AxeEdit

Dave Merrill

Axe-Master
It'd be really helpful if AxeEdit could be more consistent about which control has the focus, and always show the dotted focus ring around that control, or remove it completely if nothing has focus.

This matters a lot, for increment/decrement actions with the keyboard, and for tabbing.

Pretty frequently, I think I'm incrementing a control with the keyboard, the one with the focus ring around it, but nothing happens, because nothing is actually focused. That leads to moments of panic while I try to figure out if I just incremented some other control, maybe even one that's not visible right now.

I'm an ideal world, each page would separately remember which control has the focus, so if you leave that page and come back, focus is maintained. Wanting to tweak several controls on different pages is a super common pattern, which that behavior would make much quicker and easier.

Please consider putting some additional effort into this, if it's doable, which I expect it is.

Last edited:
Despite already being a firmly established front-panel snob, and therefore not suffering though this particular problem, I do feel for you and hereby support this wish. ;):p

Hell, who knows - once I start actually doing something even mildly complex, I will resort to Axe-Edit, as well. And this sounds like a genuine workflow hindrance.

It'd be really helpful if AxeEdit could be more consistent about which control has the focus, and always show the dotted focus ring around that control, or remove it completely if nothing has focus.

This matters a lot, for increment/decrement actions with the keyboard, and for tabbing.

Pretty frequently, I think I'm incrementing a control with the keyboard, the one with the focus ring around it, but nothing happens, because nothing is actually focused. That leads to moments of panic while I try to figure out if I just incremented some other control, maybe even one that's not visible right now.

I'm an ideal world, each page would separately remember which control has the focus, so if you leave that page and come back, focus is maintained. Wanting to tweak several controls on different pages is a super common pattern, which that behavior would make much quicker and easier.

Please consider putting some additional effort into this, if it's doable, which I expect it is.
+1

Back
Top Bottom