Moog EP3 - Setup - FM3

SpudMan

Inspired
Apologies for asking something which has likely already been asked and answered more than once. And I have been reading the Owners Manual, and the Wiki page for the FM3. And I will work on it further but thought I would at least ask for some help/input.

I received my EP3 yesterday and tried to get it setup with poor to mixed results. The manual and wiki have instructions which are not descriptive enough for me. Most of all I seem to be having trouble with things like: Modifier menu and for example Auto Engage. I can't seem to see where that parameter is.

In general, can anyone offer advice from their experience on how to go about setting up the EP3?

Again, I promise to continue working through this on my own, but though if anyone has any tips it would be helpful.

Have you already read pages 12 and 68 of the manual?

Page 68 has a tutorial example of setting up a Wah.

Have you already read pages 12 and 68 of the manual?

Page 68 has a tutorial example of setting up a Wah.
I did read both pages. Today I worked through things a bit more and made some progress. The Wah works fine now. I did need to change the Polarity from Other to Standard to have it be more responsive.
But I am a bit confused as to why it seems to be causing issues with other Blocks in either a Fractal Preset or a Preset that I made. Things like Filter don't seem to work when I have the Wah Block.
Anyway, I am still confused on that, but working through it.

Thanks for the response.

I'm also using the EP3, primarily for Wah and Whammy. Fantastic pedal for what it is, with a great feel.

A couple of tips from my personal experience specific to the EP3:
  • If you transport the pedal in a backpack or something => the knobs are easily moved! Make sure you have both the polarity switch at the bottom on "Standard" and the rotary control on the side on full. I've had occurrences where I was just overlooking that either the switch or the rotary control (or both) got moved during transportation.
  • Make sure you insert the stereo Jack deep enough until it "clicks". The jack input on the pedal itself is quite firm (in my case anyway).
In general:
  • Make sure to calibrate your pedal at least once to get the full sweep available.

I'm also using the EP3, primarily for Wah and Whammy. Fantastic pedal for what it is, with a great feel.

A couple of tips from my personal experience specific to the EP3:
  • If you transport the pedal in a backpack or something => the knobs are easily moved! Make sure you have both the polarity switch at the bottom on "Standard" and the rotary control on the side on full. I've had occurrences where I was just overlooking that either the switch or the rotary control (or both) got moved during transportation.
  • Make sure you insert the stereo Jack deep enough until it "clicks". The jack input on the pedal itself is quite firm (in my case anyway).
In general:
  • Make sure to calibrate your pedal at least once to get the full sweep available.
Thanks for the tips. I am happy with the EP3. It is definitely great value.

Back
Top Bottom