Mono output - Pan Hard Left, or Centre?

dbun

Experienced
I've just gotten my Axe Fx II and did my first gig with it.....amazing. The Matchless + Vox dual amp patch I setup just had chime, grind and the signature "crushed glass" tone.

I was able to run both outputs to the desk as we normally dual mic the amps, so I just plugged both XLR feeds into Output 1. I had each amp panned hard left and hard right so the FOH could mix the two together.

I've been playing around with just single feeds too, in case I play a gig and can only get one XLR feed.

I've found that I prefer the sound if I keep it in stereo mode, but pan the right channel hard left too, so I get that amp tone coming through.
I found with Sum L+R the tone would thin out, but panning the right channel hard left seemed to keep the tone sounding more "full".
I don't run stereo effects, so not concerned about retaining any of that.

I'm not sure if this is the right way, or if I should pan them both to Centre instead?

Thanks!

Copy left to right in the same menu as L+R sum gives only 1/2 the stereo signal to both outputs and stops the weird phasing issues, but you loose 1/2 the stereo image for effects. Just setup some patches for mono only. I'm doing the same right now as stereo isn't available where I'm playing.

Back
Top Bottom