Mono or Stereo Set-up

Aside from setting up the effects the right way, cab separation makes the biggest difference, not sure what else you are looking for in a an answer though.

I'm an amateur, not a professional experience... but I use always stereo presets that sounds ok even in mono... if I connect only the L output it sounds almost my sound.
So I don't have to switch when dealing with mono situations...

e.g.:
  • home: stereo in FRFR and mono in a 1x12 just for "that" hair of air
  • rehearsal: stereo in IEM and stereo in the main PA
  • gig: stereo in IEM and mono in our personal PA / stereo if the place has a main PA

I've been doing stereo with my FRFR (a small PA system) and love the sound. My church gig is always in stereo with IEMs so I really want stereo at home. Of course, delay and reverb is adding stereo effects, but I've also been running 2 amps - DC30 and Vibroverb, each panned hard. Lately I've been thinking that's not worth the trouble (keeping up with different gain structures for each preset/scene) so I'm thinking of simplifying to just the DC30 and let the delay and reverb make the stereo happen.

I recently went from using a single CLR or EV PXM on stage to a Raezers Edge 2/12 stereo cab.
I like it a lot. Not as much separation as 2 separate cabs but I don't want to lug 2 cabs to gigs so this works great and its extremely light.

I recently went from using a single CLR or EV PXM on stage to a Raezers Edge 2/12 stereo cab.
I like it a lot. Not as much separation as 2 separate cabs but I don't want to lug 2 cabs to gigs so this works great and its extremely light.
How is Raezers Edge 2/12 compare to CLR or EV PXM?

Recently experienced some artifacts with summed L/R on OUT2 of my mono backline Amp. Might as well go mono all the way, especially as we do already have the keyboard in stereo.

If I’m not on IEMs I’m almost always monitoring in mono (either my own FRFR or house wedge), but I offer stereo to FoH regardless. But (for gigs, not studio) the only thing stereo is chorus/reverb/delay and I test them to ensure they work fine in mono (not summed).

How is Raezers Edge 2/12 compare to CLR or EV PXM?
There is basically no difference in sound quality...that's just my perception as I didn't test it, but I've used a CLR or EV PXM for years.
Also much more volume if that's important...and stereo on stage is cool...I send the stereo outs from the cab to FOH.

What is your experience…
As far as listing it's great! Nothing like being enveloped in a sound experience. I will say setting up some effects to be extreme width doesn't always work out that great. As to setting up it's pretty basic I run stereo effects after the cab block make sure they are set up to run stereo!

Last edited:
I've been doing stereo with my FRFR (a small PA system) and love the sound. My church gig is always in stereo with IEMs so I really want stereo at home. Of course, delay and reverb is adding stereo effects, but I've also been running 2 amps - DC30 and Vibroverb, each panned hard. Lately I've been thinking that's not worth the trouble (keeping up with different gain structures for each preset/scene) so I'm thinking of simplifying to just the DC30 and let the delay and reverb make the stereo happen.
Our house is Mono but I run stereo IEM. I have been running everything in mono for the past few years monitoring off a single wedge. I recently added the IEM to my rig, set it up stereo and I like it so much better!

I found running to amps live was too much of a hassle especially running drives. I had been running the AC 30 TB but moved to the AC 30 Brilliant.

I recently switched to stereo, given that we went from Mono IEMs to Stereo, the difference for our IEMs I find is very impressive, biggest upgrade i think we had as a band in terms of our sound,
given that we don't use cabs on stage, all monitoring is done via IEMs, that's a big deal for us

as to my new live preset, it's Stereo with hard panned cabs but nothing crazy stereo wise by this i mean
-hard panned extremely similar cabs (two slightly different Ownhammer mixes of the same cab)
-standard Stereo digital delay (nothing like a 2290/phase reversal sorts of things)
-no enhancer block or anything like that

so by this it's as mono compatible as possible, while giving the FOH some options for panning

last gig the FOH panned things 70/30 from both sides if that makes sense ( ie. not completely hard panned) sounded great apparantely , did a video on my new live preset if that's of any interest

For recording, I prefer stereo. For live, I just go mono because the amount of effort it takes to put together a stereo rig I’m happy with that isn’t a pain to lug around or setup isn’t worth the payoff.

Played in stereo mains tonight. Several people came up to me right after the gig and they were all asking why it sounded “so good” that they’ve never heard anything like it. I explained a bit and they understood. Really immersive sound (yes even for those near one side only heard a difference) and they really enjoyed it.

I played like crap but the sound was good lol

Back
Top Bottom