Monitors: Behringer Truth not translating well to CLR

Glauben

I have a set of B-2031a monitors that I've been using for several years and have been fairly happy with them. Lately, I bought a CLR Neo MK2 monitor and am finding that the presets are not nearly mirrored well in the CLR.

The Behringers did a fine enough job when I was using my Ultra and a FBT Verve 12A (which is more forgiving). However, since moving to the AX8 and the CLR, I'm having a tough time getting close to the same mirrored response when setting presets using the Truth monitors.

Is it worth it to bump up to the A7X Adam monitors, or should I really be looking for a new FRFR? (ie. Friedman). As an FYI, when I was actively playing out with the old setup, I had lots of positive response from listeners in the audience about the tone from the Ultra.

The Friedman is not known for being neutral. It sounds good, but it is far from flat.

I am a fan of Adam monitors. I use the S2s now.

As far as the truth monitors, I was fairly pleased with the sound before I realized that they may not be a truly accurate representation of the actual ax8. I believe the question is not whether the Adams are better than the Behringers, but whether the Sonic signature will be closer to the CLR, which is supposed to be as tonally flat as they come.

In other words, if I intend on keeping the CLR, will the A7x be that much closer to apples to apples for the CLR or will I be forced to hear something different?

If you go the opposite direction, you may get better results.
Dial in on the CLR, and then play hem through the Truth's and your patches will likely sound ok (but scooped).

The Truth's are the weak link in your chain.

Back
Top Bottom