Monitoring music from PC

dbcheek1

I'm new and have to this point only used the Axe II as my interface via USB to my PC for recording/jamming wiht Focal 65's connected to the Axe II for monitors. They sound so good I also want to use them during the day to listen to music from my PC, but I don't like running the Axe II every day just to listen to music. Would I need a separate interface to use the Focals for both? They only accept one input at a time, so while I could connect my PC's sound card directly to them, that connection overrides the XLR's from the Axe II. I'd like to not insert another interface between the Axe II and my PC, but it doesn't sound like I can avoid it. Are there other solutions?

Yesssssssss! I'm no computer genius but if I understand u want to hear your speakers for both the axe and computer stuff ie games YouTube?

I bought a mini mixer some ?$60 behringer or the like. I'm not home right now to tell u exactly what I did but I can tell u I have 2 pa speakers to axe out one; 2 equator spkrs
to pc and axe. I can use pc with axe off and sound from pc in equators. When axe on I can choose to send pc sound or axe sound to either sets of speakers.

Bottom line get a small cheap mixer!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Is that what other Axe FX users are typically doing, or are most running through an audio interface?

And yes, if I wasn't clear - I want to have two signals to my monitors, one from the Axe II, and one from my PC when the Axe II is off.

I have tried the simple mixer route and it worked but not very nicely. I think the limiting factor is the sound card in my laptop is not that great so the sound is not as clear coming from the Macbook Pro --> mixer --> equator D5s. It sounds much better going from Macbook Pro --> Axefx II --> equator D5s.

I think you need a better audio interface than just a simple mixer to get good sound from your computer. At least that has been my experience.

I have tried the simple mixer route and it worked but not very nicely. I think the limiting factor is the sound card in my laptop is not that great so the sound is not as clear coming from the Macbook Pro --> mixer --> equator D5s. It sounds much better going from Macbook Pro --> Axefx II --> equator D5s.

I think you need a better audio interface than just a simple mixer to get good sound from your computer. At least that has been my experience.

? I have great sound ? using a desktop. turns out my mixer is called a soundcraft notepad.its powered.

Back
Top Bottom