Wish Momentary switches in stompbox mode

This is two wishes in one: footswitches as modifier sources, and being able to set those sources as momentary or latching.

+1 to all.

Exactly. I learned this when setting my Helix to do an octave dive bomb with a momentary switch (they can be either) set for an octave down on a pitch block. It went down, but didn't dive. No way to make it dive without the pedal. So absolutely +another to allow momentary and either have it also trigger a modifier or add something in the pitchblock to set the timing of a pitchblock to go from the original note to the target pitch.

The closest approximation to a momentary divebomb without using external pedals would be to use Scenes 1 and 2 and a scene controller, and use the Scene 1/2 footswitch. You have to tap twice - once to dive and once to return to pitch. Use the damping parameter to control the speed of the dive.

Now I have to go Google to figure out in what context a divebomb is actually musically useful since so many guitarists talk about it lol.

The closest approximation to a momentary divebomb without using external pedals would be to use Scenes 1 and 2 and a scene controller, and use the Scene 1/2 footswitch. You have to tap twice - once to dive and once to return to pitch. Use the damping parameter to control the speed of the dive.

Now I have to go Google to figure out in what context a divebomb is actually musically useful since so many guitarists talk about it lol.

I use them often to transition between segments (intro verse, breakdowns, etc). I do them the old fashioned way though with a floyd rose :)

Back
Top Bottom