Momentary Scene

lwknives

Power User
Say I have a momentary switch set to select scene 8.
Then say I am on scene 1 and hold the momentary switch for 8, when I let off of the switch will the Axe FX iii revert back to scene 1?

No. You’d need a toggle function setup, dependent on the controller’s capabilities.

I must misunderstand your question because I don't know why people are saying "no". I have a momentary midi switch right in front of me set up to do just what you're asking for. A momentary midi switch that sends the CC value for scene 8 when down, and the CC value for scene 1 when up, seems to me does what you want.

I must misunderstand your question because I don't know why people are saying "no". I have a momentary midi switch right in front of me set up to do just what you're asking for. A momentary midi switch that sends the CC value for scene 8 when down, and the CC value for scene 1 when up, seems to me does what you want.
I think the OP is talking about an FC switch. The FCs don't send midi. They have specific functions for scenes.

True, it can't be done with an FC, if that's what he meant to say. But couldn't a midi switch still be the answer to his question?

True, it can't be done with an FC, if that's what he meant to say. But couldn't a midi switch still be the answer to his question?
Well, actually, rereading your previous reply, your answer is not quite a "momentary scene switch". In my mind, that would momentarily change to a designated scene and then return to whatever scene you were on before pressing the switch.

What you described is a scene Toggle, and that does exist on the FCs... But not sure if could be momentary or not.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant specifically with the FC12. The feature I was looking for was something like “return to previous scene on switch release”.

Yeah, the ability to jump back to the previous scene has been a fairly common wish, but you can't do that currently. That's true of both an FC or a midi controller. The closest you can come is what I described above.

That's true. The only reason I mentioned the midi switch idea is because it's a way to do the momentary switch he asked for.

Back
Top Bottom