Momentary MIDI CC for unlatched effect on/bypass doesn't work!?

Just a quick follow-up: Unfortunately, I had to finish my programming and ship the FM9 out for a remote gig. Accordingly, I needed another "quick-fix" and by looking for a spring loaded expression pedal (thank you for the proposal), I stumbled on this life hack: and I may confirm, it actually works (you may need bigger tubes than for a racing bike, though...)!

Nevertheless, I haven't given up on the other idea, since I see quite some potential also in the wireless setup (e.g. having expression pedal(s) placed somewhere else on stage), but it will likely take some time before I get around to deep dive into the topic.

On a side-note, I actually tried to convince Cliff back in the very old Axe-1 days to introduce auto-engage with (also) an auto-time-out function regardless where you park the pedal, but he opted for (only) the current off version....

Anyway, I'll let you know if I make significant progress.

Just a quick follow-up: Unfortunately, I had to finish my programming and ship the FM9 out for a remote gig. Accordingly, I needed another "quick-fix" and by looking for a spring loaded expression pedal (thank you for the proposal), I stumbled on this life hack: and I may confirm, it actually works (you may need bigger tubes than for a racing bike, though...)!

Nevertheless, I haven't given up on the other idea, since I see quite some potential also in the wireless setup (e.g. having expression pedal(s) placed somewhere else on stage), but it will likely take some time before I get around to deep dive into the topic.

On a side-note, I actually tried to convince Cliff back in the very old Axe-1 days to introduce auto-engage with (also) an auto-time-out function regardless where you park the pedal, but he opted for (only) the current off version....

Anyway, I'll let you know if I make significant progress.

Yeah, the inner tube hack has been posted a number of times over the years.

It's good because it can be applied to most pedals.

Some even just use a couple heavy rubber bands, but I don't think they'll be very durable.

Back
Top Bottom