Moke's (Quantum) 'Eruption' Preset

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
Ok, I've spent a little time with 'Quantum 1.00'. Checking out new stuff and re-adjusting presets.:encouragement:

Had a few requests in various threads and PMs for an updated 'Eruption' preset. This is the first try.....

Made for FRFR with my 'Ernie Ball' 'Axis' guitar. Stock humbucker pickups. It uses the 'Brit 800' amp model with a mod to the Master Volume location (got that one from Cliff). A 'Tone Matched' IR (included with the download) in the Cab block. And the same 'Scene Controllers' controlling multiple parameters in multiple blocks to achieve the 'Dive Bomb' effect at the end.

I use the 'Pitch' block at the beginning of the signal chain (with 'ADSR 1' very quickly controlling the 'Mix' parameter during the initial pick attack to help disguise some of the latency) to drop my standard tuned guitar down a 1/2 step. If you are already tuned down, just hate the 'Pitch' block, or just want to stay in standard tuning, replace the 'Pitch' block with a 'shunt'.

Scene #1....rhythm parts of 'You Really Got Me'
Scene #2....the first section of 'Eruption'
Scene #3....the next section of 'Eruption' with phaser on (and the solo in 'You Really Got Me')
Scene #4....starts the feedback loop.
Scene #5....dives it down and fades it out.

First time exporting a 'Preset/Cab Bundle'............Let me know if the download works? And if the preset sounds OK in other setups?.....Haven't tried it live yet, but is sounds similar/better than the older version on my Equator D5's

EDIT........new version available here soon.....http://www.custompresets.com/

Last edited:
Ok....downloaded it, Imported it with Axe-edit, Saved it, Axe-edit asks you to pick a location for the 'Preset' and the 'Cab IR'. 'Preset/Cab Bundle' works like a charm...........Thanks 'Fractal'.

First time exporting a 'Preset/Cab Bundle'............Let me know if the download works? And if the preset sounds OK in other setups?.....Haven't tried it live yet, but is sounds similar/better than the older version on my Equator D5's

Wanna try but need to know Axe II or XL ?

Great job on this, Moke! Would you mind uploading the cab separately to axe change? (It's difficult to get scratchpads cabs into user slots)

TIA!

Great job on this, Moke! Would you mind uploading the cab separately to axe change? (It's difficult to get scratchpads cabs into user slots)

TIA!

Axe-edit does all the work for you. Import a 'Preset-Cab Bundle' Preset into an empty preset in the Axe FX. If you like it, Hit the Axe-edit 'Save' button and a new window like the one in the pic pops up, now select a location for the preset (if needed) and a location for the user IR from the drop down tabs, then hit the 'Save' button in the that new window.
Preset-Cab Bundle.jpg

@Yeah Whatever .... Can you be more specific? Does it import and there is no sound? Does it not import? Which Axe-Fx do you have? What firmware are you on? Are you playing though a guitar cab or frfr?............

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom