Legacy Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] Axe-Fx II Master Thread - Updated to Q9.04/10.01 - New presets, Videos, & Discounts

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
I Just added the demo for my Kansas - 'Carry on Wayward Son' (for Humbucker pickups) preset to the store.

Available for the AX8 (10.01), Axe-Fx II (10.01), and Axe-Fx III (2.04).

New for Q10.01 and 1.18... Now available in two different versions. For 'High Output Humbucker Pickups' (the original version), and 'Medium Output Humbucker Pickups'.

Try both versions to see which one works best for you. You can also mix and match them to work with multiple guitars.

'YouTube' backing track. No post-EQ. No double-tracking (though it would sound better).

Scene #1.... Main rhythm
Scene #2.... Cleaner rhythm (Chorus sections)
Scene #3.... Harmony sections (play E, C, E, G, E, G, A, to get the desired results)
Scene #4.... Solo 1
Scene #5.... Acoustic Sim
Scene #6.... Solo 2

Uses 2 'Global' scales........#31 and #32
These are programmed manually in the 'Global' menu (not the 'Pitch' block).

Just bought "Clean to Mean" Pack #1 and #2.
Hope they will be useful for me, as I've had mixed success with buying presets in the past...
I bought both because I trust you Moke :)

Per

Just bought "Clean to Mean" Pack #1 and #2.
Hope they will be useful for me, as I've had mixed success with buying presets in the past...
I bought both because I trust you Moke :)

Per
Thanks for the support Per. I hope that they work well for you.

NOTICE...

Due to the unsecured nature of the 'Update' pages on my site, and suspected theft of Presets, The Presets and Packs will no longer be stored in these pages.

The new 'Update' system will involve the use of special Coupon 'Codes' that can be used to purchase the new versions of the preset from the store, at zero cost. These 'Codes' will be included in a PDF file, located inside the Zipped file for all future purchases.

There is a special 'Code' for each Preset and Pack, that is only valid for that specific product. Only one 'Code' can be used at a time. So you will have to update each Preset or Pack, one at a time.

Existing customers, please contact me via the 'Contact' tab on my site and give me any info that you have on your past purchases. Once they are verified, I will email you the Coupon 'Codes' for each preset that you have purchased.

Sorry for any inconvenience...
Moke

Thanks guys............Two more just added!.........Busy week..busy weekend....:confused:

Where there's Moke..........There's Fire!....lol
I know it is probably simple for you to make, but do you think you could make some iron maiden presets with harmonies etc... would love to see what you come up with. or just even some presets for hamonies similiar to what they use and chorus /univibe as well please .....

I know it is probably simple for you to make, but do you think you could make some iron maiden presets with harmonies etc... would love to see what you come up with. or just even some presets for hamonies similiar to what they use and chorus /univibe as well please .....
They are on my (huge) list for sure. Most will need 'Global Custom Scales' to get it right, or at least close.

Anything specific?

I had a report about my Axe-Fx II 'Wish You Were Here' preset was not functioning as intended. It all seemed okay on my end, but decided to change a couple of things around while I was under the hood.

The new version 3.3 is in the store, as well as the updated 'Description'.

See post below.

Everything is now automated, and should work as intended through the scene changes. There is also a new 'Low Output Humbucker Pickup' version available. All three 'Pickup Output' versions are still available in 'regular' and (nec) version.
  1. Arm the 'Record' button in the Looper, it should only start recording once you start playing the opening phrase.
  2. When you switch to scene 2 for the Acoustic solo, the Looper should start.
  3. When you finish the Acoustic solo and switch to scene 3, on the 'C' chord as the vocals start, the Looper will stop and mute, the opening 12-string (filtered) tone will accompany the Acoustic tone at the normal volume, then automatically fade to a lower volume (like the original recording), and stay there.

Scene #1....12-string (filtered) Acoustic intro w/crackling sound (panned 65% right). Use the 'Looper' to record the first approx. 35 seconds. Once 'Record' is armed, the 'Looper' will automatically start recording when the first note is struck.

Scene #2....Acoustic sim. Automatically starts the 'Looper via scene controller #1. The 'Crackling' sound fades away via scene controller #2.

Scene #3....Scenes 1 and 2 combined. Switch at the 'C' chord as the vocals start. Mutes the 'Looper' block.

Scene #4....Solo. 12-string (filtered) Acoustic sim (panned center) and Acoustic sim together.

I will see if I can adapt these changes to the 'AX8' next time I have it powered up.

Still waiting for the 'Axe-Fx III' Looper functions (at least the 'Play' command?) to be opened to modifiers, like the other units.

Last edited:
There seems to be a bug in the Looper 'Play' command, when it is being controlled with a modifier?

Normally, if you hit the 'Play' button while recording, the recording stops and playback starts immediately... But if you do the same thing using a modifier (scene controller in my case) to stop recording and start playback, it doesn't work correctly.

This is true for the Axe-Fx II and the AX8.

Because of this, I have edited the 'Wish You Were Here' 'Description' pages for the Axe-Fx II and (new) AX8 versions.

(Almost) Everything is automated and should work as intended through the scene changes.

1. Go to the 'Looper' mode to access the 'Looper' controls.
  2. Arm the 'Record' button in the Looper, it should only start recording once you start the opening phrase.
  3. Record all the way through the opening section up to and including only one bar of the last 'G' chord.
  4. Then stop recording by stepping on the 'Record' button again.
  5. Leave the 'Looper' mode.
  6. Switch to scene 2, the Looper will automatically start (as long as you stopped recording before switching).
  7. When you finish the Acoustic solo and switch to scene 3 on the 'C' chord as the vocals start, the Looper will stop and mute, the opening 12-string tone will accompany the Acoustic tone at the normal volume, then automatically fade to a lower volume (like the original recording), and stay there.

Scene #1....12-string (filtered) Acoustic intro w/crackling sound (panned 65% right). Use the 'Looper' to record the first approx. 35 seconds. Once 'Record' is armed, the 'Looper' will automatically start recording when the first note is struck.

Scene #2....Acoustic sim. Automatically starts the 'Looper' via scene controller #1. Turns down the 'Crackling' sound via scene controller #2.

Scene #3....Scenes 1 and 2 combined. Switch at 1:15. Mutes the 'Looper' block.

Scene #4....Solo. 12-string (filtered) Acoustic sim (panned center) and Acoustic sim together.

Scenes #5 through #8 are not used.

Just wanted to say a big "thank you" to Moke for his wonderful presets! I have been able to dissect and learn so much from those that I use for my 2 cover bands to modify and make my own presets, however, most of the basic sounds are still Moke's handiwork. I have learned so much about the use of scene controllers, modifiers and other things from these presets when I have time to dig deep into them, that I have used some of the techniques in my own presets.

I use the JCM 800 one that I have transformed into my kitchen sink one, and of course, the Limelight and U2 presets still wow the crowds, and so do the Plexi+Acoustic and Plexi+B3 (I use that one in Highway Star - killer for the organ solo ala Chickenfoot's cover with Joe Satriani!) as well as the Van Halen one, that I use for Erruption, Running with the Devil and Panama (slight additions to the Eruption preset for the other songs, but just a few extra scenes off of his original with the fantastic dive-bomb tape echo effect.)

Full disclosure, a few years ago, before Moke had his AX8, I was one of his preset conversion-to-AX8 beta testers.

Now I am finally going to start diving into my AXE FX III, and will definitely re-buy some of my favorite more-complicated presets that he already tweaked for the AXE III.

Thanks, again, Moke!

Oh, and if you want to hear a few samples of his tones, you can go to http://teaserband.com/374-2/ and listen to a few of the songs we recorded.

Just wanted to say a big "thank you" to Moke for his wonderful presets! I have been able to dissect and learn so much from those that I use for my 2 cover bands to modify and make my own presets, however, most of the basic sounds are still Moke's handiwork. I have learned so much about the use of scene controllers, modifiers and other things from these presets when I have time to dig deep into them, that I have used some of the techniques in my own presets.

I use the JCM 800 one that I have transformed into my kitchen sink one, and of course, the Limelight and U2 presets still wow the crowds, and so do the Plexi+Acoustic and Plexi+B3 (I use that one in Highway Star - killer for the organ solo ala Chickenfoot's cover with Joe Satriani!) as well as the Van Halen one, that I use for Erruption, Running with the Devil and Panama (slight additions to the Eruption preset for the other songs, but just a few extra scenes off of his original with the fantastic dive-bomb tape echo effect.)

Full disclosure, a few years ago, before Moke had his AX8, I was one of his preset conversion-to-AX8 beta testers.

Now I am finally going to start diving into my AXE FX III, and will definitely re-buy some of my favorite more-complicated presets that he already tweaked for the AXE III.

Thanks, again, Moke!

Oh, and if you want to hear a few samples of his tones, you can go to http://teaserband.com/374-2/ and listen to a few of the songs we recorded.
Thanks for the kind words @rushfan ... My favorite comment is when someone tells me that they learned a lot from performing autopsies on my presets. That gives me way more joy than the sale itself. It's an unseen value of the presets.

Big thanks to Moke for these awesome presets! Moke, I’m curious if you’re still putting energy into Axe II presets these days, or are you sticking with Axe III right now? If so, anything in the works that you can let us know about?

Back
Top Bottom