Looper: Stop recording and start playback using Modifier?

Smittefar

Axe-Master
So, here's what I want to do

I want to use my scene 1 sound to record a loop, and then I want to solo using my scene 2 sound. So I want to start recording when I am in scene 1, but then when I hit scene 2, I want playback to start.

According to the AxeFX manual, this should be doable. I attach a scene controller to the "Play" button in the looper. Pushing the play button should start stop recording and start playback - It just does not happen.

It seems like, the looper record function ignores all input, if you are not on the looper screen. The only thing, I can get to work is to stop recording (and start playback) while I am on the looper screen, and then I can switch back to the main screen, change scene and then start soloing. But then half the loop has passed and my solo is almost over, when I finally get to the right sound.

I also tried using a control switch instead of a scene controller, but that did not help

Is there really no way to stop recording and start playback using modifiers?

So, here's what I want to do

I want to use my scene 1 sound to record a loop, and then I want to solo using my scene 2 sound. So I want to start recording when I am in scene 1, but then when I hit scene 2, I want playback to start.

According to the AxeFX manual, this should be doable. I attach a scene controller to the "Play" button in the looper. Pushing the play button should start stop recording and start playback - It just does not happen.

It seems like, the looper record function ignores all input, if you are not on the looper screen. The only thing, I can get to work is to stop recording (and start playback) while I am on the looper screen, and then I can switch back to the main screen, change scene and then start soloing. But then half the loop has passed and my solo is almost over, when I finally get to the right sound.

I also tried using a control switch instead of a scene controller, but that did not help

Is there really no way to stop recording and start playback using modifiers?

Sounds to me like a bug that should be reported.

Well,... the manual states all looper functions can be accessed via Midi CC messages or external footswitch. It's not talking about built in controllers or footswitches.

The manual states that if you record and then hit the play button, recording stops and playback starts. This works.

But you can attach modifiers to the play button. I tried scene controllers and control switches. But with a modifier, recording does not stop, when you activate the modifier. If you manually stop recording, then you can start playback with the modifier.

I hoped it worked such that hitting the play button and activating it with a modifier were the same.

Not a bug really, just the way it works. If you place a controller on the PLAY modifier, then it overwrites anything else that activates PLAY.

Yes but play with a modifier does not work the same as play without a modifier.

I.e. activating play with a modifier will NOT stop recording.

Back
Top Bottom