Legacy Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] Axe-Fx II Master Thread - Updated to Q9.04/10.01 - New presets, Videos, & Discounts

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
Hey Moke, I just wanted to tell you I loaded up beta Q9 last night and tried out your presets for XL+ I bought from you. They still kick a$$. Didn't adjust anything other than re-setting the amp box after FW update.

Hey Moke, I just wanted to tell you I loaded up beta Q9 last night and tried out your presets for XL+ I bought from you. They still kick a$$. Didn't adjust anything other than re-setting the amp box after FW update.
Thanks @boz52, I tried it out too. Without resetting, it sounded great! After resetting, there may be a few tweaks needed, but I am waiting for the final release.

Is resetting needed? The release notes didn't say that it was necessary? The general rule is that it's not necessary unless the notes say otherwise.............?????

I do have quite a few presets with some tweaks in the 'Advanced' pages of the Amp block(s). Some of which will have to be re-entered after a reset. The most important one is the Master Volume location in most of my Brit-800 based presets. If it is set to 'Post-PI', then It will need to be set back to 'Post-PI' after resetting.

Last edited:
No, I credited you for the presets, but since they don't know who you are, and I did learn the riffs, I'm sure they just assumed it was all me!

An inspiring tone or preset inspires one to play and work on something new - a lifelong pursuit to get better!

Wow! U2's Pride kicked at practice tonight - the boys in the band love the sound I am getting with your preset. Our lead singer said he's been listening to the recording all week, and that my guitar sounded exactly like the original recording!

Yep another huge vote of confidence from me once again Moke, grabbed your wicked game/pride & streets presets for single coils...most awesome. never read this thread about the comp block on the pride preset, so that threw me, took me a while to figure out the problem, just compared sc1 with the rest & realised it was the x/y state in the comp block ...quite proud of myself for figuring that out!
thanks again, great work

Wow! U2's Pride kicked at practice tonight - the boys in the band love the sound I am getting with your preset. Our lead singer said he's been listening to the recording all week, and that my guitar sounded exactly like the original recording!
That's awesome! At the end of the day.......This is what really makes the extra effort worth it....:cool:

Yep another huge vote of confidence from me once again Moke, grabbed your wicked game/pride & streets presets for single coils...most awesome. never read this thread about the comp block on the pride preset, so that threw me, took me a while to figure out the problem, just compared sc1 with the rest & realised it was the x/y state in the comp block ...quite proud of myself for figuring that out!
thanks again, great work
Thanks so much @chris5150 ... I think that I have the Comp block in both U2 presets fixed, and in the 'Archive/Update' pages. At least when I convert them with 'FracTool' they look correct? 'Axe-Edit' might still be getting the User Cab numbers wrong and the Comp 'X/Y'...?

Try the newest versions and let me know.

Moke,

After watching your YouTube demo, I bought about 16 or so of your presets. I’ve bought presets from most of the vendors out there, including the ones on this forum. IMHO, your artist presets are as close as you can get! Can’t recommend more highly to anyone!

Thanks!
Thanks for the support.:cool:

For those on Q9...........
No reset is needed. The only thing you need to do is adjust the Spkr Comp.

I sometimes used the old 'Motor Drive' and/or 'Transformer Grind' parameters in the Amp block. I think the the 'Motor Drive' setting will be used on the new “Speaker Compression” algorithm? I'm not sure if, or how much this will affect my presets?

I need to stay on Q8.02 for for some custom presets and a show next week. After that I will update and dive in.

Do the Humbucker based presets come soon, or do I have to purchase the single coil versions.?
Sorry vechalla, I have been super busy doing some personal custom presets.

The two 'Humbucker' based U2 presets that I was referring to were for different U2 songs that use humbucker pickups (Live versions of 'Miss Sarajevo' and 'Mother of the Disappeared'). Not Humbucker versions of the two that are already in the store.

Not sure how good those two could be dialed for humbuckers? Especially considering that those two use the 'out of phase' positions of a Strat (position #2 and #4). Very hard to recreate with a humbucker guitar........

Sorry vechalla, I have been super busy doing some personal custom presets.

The two 'Humbucker' based U2 presets that I was referring to were for different U2 songs that use humbucker pickups (Live versions of 'Miss Sarajevo' and 'Mother of the Disappeared'). Not Humbucker versions of the two that are already in the store.

Not sure how good those two could be dialed for humbuckers? Especially considering that those two use the 'out of phase' positions of a Strat (position #2 and #4). Very hard to recreate with a humbucker guitar........

I play an EVH Wolfgang, and I have a special 6-way toggle switch that I put in to split the coils, so I have my 3 humbucker settings, and also 3 single coil settings. My former main guitar was an HSS Strat, and I missed having single coil sounds. I did edit the 2 U2 presets @Moke made to roll off some of the highs so that I don't have to roll back my tone control - just made it easier, and they still sound great!

I just purchased 8 more of the individual song/artist presets including Boston/Longtime, Whitesnake/Still of the Night, and Alice in Chains/Rooster. @Moke these are phenomenal! Plus, every time I download one of your presets, I learn something new by digging into the preset itself. Keep up the great work! I cannot recommend these highly enough! Have you ever considered creating a George Lynch/Dokken preset?

Just added 6 new AX8 (and Axe-Fx II) presets to the store. No time for clips right now, maybe Friday?

Firmware Q9.02..........

1-Metallica - 'Sad But True'-for Humbucker guitars

2-Stone Temple Pilots - 'Plush' - for Humbucker guitars

3-The Offspring - 'Gone Away' - for Humbucker guitars

4-U2 - 'Miss Sarajevo' (Live) - for Humbucker guitars

5-The Black Keys - 'Gold On The Ceiling' - for Single-Coil guitars

6-Chris Izaak - 'Lie To Me' - for Single-Coil guitars

Finally finished a few (short) demos of the new presets added to the store this week.

Please forgive the playing...they're just to show the tones of each 'Scene'

'Sad But True' by Metallica...(Q9.02)

Available for the Axe-Fx II and the AX8.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom