Wish Modifiers per Channel

Wolfliver

Idea:
Allow assignment of Modifiers per Channel of a block.
For instance on Channel A of the Amp Block, the Gain is controlled between 4 and 5 with the Expression Pedal 1, while on Channel B of the Amp Block, Expression Pedal 1 controls the gain between 3 and 7 and the volume of the block.

Reason:
I found, that using one amp and overdriving it harder, while making it a little louder makes for a perfect transition into a solo. However at the current state, I cannot use one amp block with several channels, because the way I understand it right now, I can only assign a modifier once and have it active either on one channel, or on all.
If it's active on only one channel, I cannot however assign a different modifier to the control on another channel.

Cheers!

This has been asked for repeatedly since the Axe Fx II and X/Y...

We at least got the ability to choose ALL channels or a SINGLE channel now on the Axe Fx III.

+1000... But since the previously mentioned change was already made (instead of this), I'm not expecting it to happen.

Maybe Cliff will add it just to spite my pessimism ;)

+1 - specifying a specific channel was a big step forward - putting a tick mark beside each of the channels we want to apply would take us the rest of the way.

Idea:
Allow assignment of Modifiers per Channel of a block.
For instance on Channel A of the Amp Block, the Gain is controlled between 4 and 5 with the Expression Pedal 1, while on Channel B of the Amp Block, Expression Pedal 1 controls the gain between 3 and 7 and the volume of the block.

What about using scenes to switch channels of the Amp block, then applying a scene controller as a secondary modifier source to the Amp Gain? Use whatever operation (+,-) to get the desired offset.

I absolutely would love to see this happen, but

This can be accomplished by using two different amp blocks. Or...
  • Attaching 'Input Drive' to all channels, and the 'Input Trim' parameter on only one channel. Adjust the start and stop points of both to get the extra bit that you need on the channel with both active.
  • Attach the same pedal to the 'Level' parameter, but only for the channel that needs it.

What about using scenes to switch channels of the Amp block, then applying a scene controller as a secondary modifier source to the Amp Gain? Use whatever operation (+,-) to get the desired offset.

Absolutely, that would work. ;)

The reason I wanted it the way I described is because I prefer using an expression pedal to transition into the "leady" sound.

I absolutely would love to see this happen, but

This can be accomplished by using two different amp blocks. Or...
  • Attaching 'Input Drive' to all channels, and the 'Input Trim' parameter on only one channel. Adjust the start and stop points of both to get the extra bit that you need on the channel with both active.
  • Attach the same pedal to the 'Level' parameter, but only for the channel that needs it.

Crafty bugger! :D

Absolutely, that would work. ;)

The reason I wanted it the way I described is because I prefer using an expression pedal to transition into the "leady" sound.
I do this fairly frequently on my per-song presets. With @NDESMAREST's clever controller setup that he showed in a video summertime last year or so, you can easily get 3 zones on a pedal, which gives enough flexibility to cover most of my tunes, which only require 2 or 3 sounds....

Back
Top Bottom