Modifier Question..

Setting my AxeFx III with a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro...

Figured that I'd use a pretty simple setup until the FC's become available, so I have got the presets working...and have gotten the GC Pro IA switches to switch blocks in and out....so far so good.

Having a problem setting up an external volume pedal though.... the pedal is a BOSS FV-500L which I've been using on my AxeFX II rig with out a problem.

I set up a volume block at the end of my signal chain, and set up EXTERNAL 1 as a modifier. The Ground Control is showing me that it is transmitting 0-127 when I depress the pedal from off to full, and the Modify screen on the AxeFx III is showing me the same thing.

However, the block is in BYPASS mode (ie, full volume since the bypass mode is THRU) for the first half of the pedal's travel (OFF to halfway down), and then goes from OFF to FULL in the second half of its travel... When the pedal gets push past halfway, the bypass state change from BYPASS to ON....

What am I missing here?

What parameter did you assign the modifier to?

It sounds like you created a bypass (not volume) modifier. Or, you happened to set External 1 & this Vol/Pan bypass to the same CC#.

Sounds like wrong parameter assigned, as Bakerman stated. You'll want to assign EXTERNAL 1 as a modifier to the Volume knob in the first page Edit settings for the volume block. (Right now it's probably associated with the Bypass parameter for that block in MIDI settings, which isn't what you want for the expression pedal.)

Or, you could go to the Other page in the MIDI section and assign your pedal to Input 1 Volume or Output 1 Volume and not have to use a block at all.

What parameter did you assign the modifier to?

I assigned the modifier to the Volume Knob, top row, just to the right of the taper selector...you can see the yellow modifier circle illuminated on that control.

It sounds like you created a bypass (not volume) modifier. Or, you happened to set External 1 & this Vol/Pan bypass to the same CC#.

That was it !! Thanks, guys !

Back
Top Bottom