Modifier help

Looking for some advice on modifying a delay time parameter to start at one time and quickly jump to another on the attack of the note for a jarring effect. I am trying to use the ADSR modifier. I can almost dial it in, but I can’t seem to get the modifier to stay at the desired “end” parameter. It always returns to the original. I can add screenshots in a bit to clarify, but I’m just trying to start the dialog here. If there’s a better way to accomplish, I’m all ears!

Looking for some advice on modifying a delay time parameter to start at one time and quickly jump to another on the attack of the note for a jarring effect. I am trying to use the ADSR modifier. I can almost dial it in, but I can’t seem to get the modifier to stay at the desired “end” parameter. It always returns to the original. I can add screenshots in a bit to clarify, but I’m just trying to start the dialog here. If there’s a better way to accomplish, I’m all ears!
Typically, "End" is release in an ADSR and you'd need infinite release time to maintain the held ("sustain") level/amount beyond release of a played note. Otherwise, if the delay level should immediately diminish when a note is released, you'd set the release to 0. I've not played with ADSR much in the FAS world, so I may be speaking of it out of sync with how it behaves here. Are you sure that's the curve you want? Might need to clarify what you are hearing it do?

EDIT: You'd probably want to set Retrigger to on so that the delay value doesn't get stuck at the max value after the unit detects an initial attack. Don't have a unit in front of me at the moment, but hopefully something in there is helpful.

Last edited:
Here's a preset with a delay time that jumps around on note attack. Adjust the envelope and modifier to taste.

Attachments

• Jumping Delay.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Here's a preset with a delay time that jumps around on note attack. Adjust the envelope and modifier to taste.
Erm, looking at it with the old FracTool. Looks like you went with fast attack and fast release and an LFO instead of ADSR? Not sure if I'm reading it right.

*redacted for the sanity of the maker of the long since retired utility.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom